Billy Miller Interview

• Members

Well, I think that's what they've given him to play. He has to add pieces of all of those while having this tabula rasa character of "Jake" at the moment. I think anyone in the role with this amnesia story would be faced with the same thing.

He seems baffled and mildly bemused, IMO, by the camp stylings of the show, and seems to indicate that he wants to nail down who the character is going to be going forward with FV and RC. Knowing them they'll tell him they'll do one thing and then do another. But he seems to be the one who's really committed to making something of it, while the writers are the ones winging it, I feel. There's a difference between an actor having an easy manner (and being asked to play it, which he has been, except for the scenes where Jason is programmed, where he becomes very intense and solemn) and an actor who just doesn't give a [!@#$%^&*]. I like to think I would see the difference, I watched not only Steve Burton as Jason but also both Todd Mannings phone it in off and on for the better part of ten years each on OLTL. I just don't get that from Miller here, and I certainly did at times when I watched him on Y&R.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love the Constance Towers comment. You can always understand perfectly what CT says. She doesn't try for realism and a natural way of speaking. She knows how to speak as if she was an actor trying to make sure the audience understands her. Best speaker in all of daytime. John Ingle was great too in this regard.

• Members

LOL it is pretty funny. Nothing against Kelly Monaco here either but I'm now beginning to think she's the one who wasn't thrilled about her new 'leading man'. It's clear she'd rather work Jason Thompson. Monaco and Miller have zero chemistry.

• Members

She has zero chemistry with Miller, and I would not want to be paired with someone who everyone has to film around and could bolt at any minute!

There's no story in Liason, in my honest opinion. Miller should not have been cast as Jason, and they should have either found the right guy [instead of a failed stunt cast] or not bring Jason back at all. What happens WHEN Jason leaves again?

Archived