My Battle in Getting Broadband/High Speed Internet!

Adam

• Members

Belive it or not up until yesterday I was one of the 5 people in this world still accessing the wide world web through a losuy 56 K dial up modem :lol: pre-historic. Well I finally bit the bullet two weeks ago and signed from for ADSL service. So I sign up do all the paperwork.... am told that it would be up and running Wednesday February 15th, 2005..... Wednesday comes and goes.... nothing so I thought well ok so maybe it will be a day late and I call my ISP and surely enough, Bell didn't do the work to the telephone line.... it was scheduled for Thursday. So I waited.... get home Thursday afternoon and not only is the internet not hooked up, our entire phone line was completely dead. I am like WTF?!.... so call Bell (the telephone company) and they tell us they will send someone Friday.... Friday goes NO ONE. Finally show up Saturday morning, fix it, say everything should be working fine now.... well phone was back online but no internet.... so called my ISP again and they placed a work order, it was completed yesterday and finally everything is working fine. Argh it pissed me off so much. Has anyone ever had this type of trouble before?

Sorry for ranting but, just ask Na'Vell, fellow member, moderator and dear friend of mine on this board. He knows how pissed I was B)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had a minor problem when upgrading to DSL about 8 months ago. (Love it, btw). I ordered my DSL kit from Bellsouth and installed it myself. It went fine but because of my luck (almost everything I do requires something else or never works right the first time), DSL wouldn't work. I HATE calling places like bellsouth, aol (they were assholes when I dropped them, but after four/five years I can kinda understand, LOL), etc. But I did, and he was the nicest guy and helped through re-setting it up. Still didn't work. Tried a few tricks. Didn't work. So, turns out it was something to do with the phone line itself. The next day (or maybe it was two, probably two days) apparently a techie was outthere (never had to go inside) and I had no problems from there on out.

Every so often when the power goes out for an extended amount of time I have to disconnect my wireless router (for my laptop) and set it up without it, then attach the wireless router to get it all to work right, but other than that, I'm in heaven.

And besides, the lowest DSL speed Bellsouth offered (which is plenty cause I can't really afford more, although I'm thinking of going $10 dollars more for a little bit faster) was bumped down to exactly the same price I was paying for AOL, just a buck more (24 dollars), so it was a win/win. But the "Grr" thing was was that when I first signed on for bellsouth, it was 34/35 bucks, which was okay, but then the prices dropped literally a MONTH after I started the service so I had to call and remind them to lower my bill, LOL.

• Members

Yeah, it was a phoneline problem with me too.... its just they had to come twice and do something to it which really pissed mee off and the first time they cut the actual phone. I got 1.5-3.0 Mbps service, locked in for a year, 1st month free than 34.95 every month after that.

• Members

sigh ... just got back from another day at the hell hole.

Why ... WHY I ask, is it when you're calling someone on the phone it gives you licence to be an absolute jackass?! These people wouldn't dare say to my face what they say to me over the phone! I would punch them!

:angry:

• Members

Awesome.

But :lol: at them cutting the phone line. With my luck I'm honestly not surprised they didn't do that to me. LOL. I woulda been fuming.

I've been thinking about upgrading to a bit faster speed, but I gotta get my finances in order first, LOL. It's only $10 bucks more but 10 bucks is 10 bucks...

Archived