Y&R: Josh Morrow TV Guide Interview 20th Anniversary and Top 5 Moments

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I believe him when he said he didn't want Cassie killed off. I heard that he, SC and the actress who plays Cassie/Mariah are close IRL. I mean, she practically grew up on set with them.

And he knows he is one of the luckiest people in the business to still be having this job so I can't hate on him admitting to the truth. :lol:

• Members

It took three actresses to get Sharon right but they left Nick alone for some odd reason even though Morrow was probably too old for the role. Little boy Nick was still very fresh on viewers minds at the time. Victoria's aging was acceptable, I think Nick's aging was unacceptable really at the time.

At least there are no clips post-Cassie's death. I do think Morrow's best work was in 2003/2004 when Nick was going against Victor.

• Members

I agree and have always wondered if they should have waited to age Nick? I understand needing stories for the second generation and (Bill told those stories fairly well as we know), but I just feel like Nick's rapid aging was the most controversial since he was born only months after Phillip IV who basically grew up on the show with different child actors till he left with Nina when he was 12 or 13 , yet they felt that Nick had to be older then him? I wonder if it's because EB and MTS had looked old enough to have a grown son by that point, cause there would be no way possible for them to age Phillip that time when Nina and Ryan were barely in their 30's so I sometimes wonder if it's the parents ages on the show that are factors?

I wonder if they could have brought teenage Nick back on in 1999-2000 when they had Billy/Mac/Raul/Brittany etc....as a rival to Billy that would have started the future Newman vs Abbott wars.

• Members

IMO, he has a great ability to manufacture chemistry with SC, MS, his onscreen parents, HT etc. He also commits to his love scenes. I don't think I have ever seen a dud love scene from him. He had one with Maura West which I thought was smoking hot and which made me ship Nick & Diane for about two seconds, but then it turned out that he complained about getting paired with her and wanted back with MS, so that was the end of that. My point is, I would never, ever have known had he not given an interview about it.

• Members

And this, in a nutshell, says everything you will ever need to know about Nick & the man who portrays him.

Morrow has routinely, for the past 10 years at least, put his personal enjoyment and ease ahead of the show and the character.

At least he didn't mention any Phyllis nonsense.

Nick & Joshua Morrow have never quite clicked or worked through all of his years. BUT, for the majority of them, especially the all-important early ones, Morrow has been incredibly lucky on three things: 1) He is good looking enough to win favor, 2) He had good-to-great writing that supported him and 3) has the incredible luck to be surrounded by people like Sharon Case, Melody Thomas Scott, Heather Tom and even Eric Braeden, people who helped elevate him (as much as they could) and diminish his flaws. He was ESPECIALLY lucky to have Sharon Case. Nick & Morrow would be nothing without that pairing, especially since Sharon did most of the heavy lifting.

It was not until the disgusting, abominable Phyllis pairing that Morrow went from an average at most yet still likable presence to playing an exaggerated, and not very good, duuuude version of himself and it has gotten progressively worse. When that persona was under check and he received more complex writing, however, you could kinda, sorta deal with it.

• Members

I think it's been clear for years now that Morrow is basically himself on screen, IMO. It shows. He's not a terrible actor and can bring it when really pushed, but let's get real, he's far from one of the greatest actors. He's solid. I find him to be a bit overrated. It seems some actors get passes because they look good or they're nice guys.

Archived