Empire: Discussion Thread

• Members

No reason that Lola should be gone. She is the patriarch's daughter for Christ's sake! Ugh!

And Daniels, we get it. We really do! Jamal is gay, but he's not a sissy. He's a total bad ass. He's the mightiest of the mighty. We [!@#$%^&*] get it! Stop with the ridiculous scenes. Facing off with a gunman twice in one season? That is really pushing it. I just wanted him shot!

Lucious reading that British ho gave me everlasting life! Bye stank ass!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This episode went by really fast. I'm almost always surprised when the credits start to roll but this time I felt like we were only halfway through.

Yay on Cookie getting some lovin' from Malcolm. She deserves someone who treasures her. I loved how Cookie was gearing up to put on a show for Malcom when she thought there was a hidden camera. of course, if Lucious had walked in he would've though she was doing it for him.

Another yay for Rhonda. She's so unfazed by Lucious. She looked out not just for her husband but for all of them. I love how she told Cookie that Lucious was stealing from his sons to buy her loyalty. I know a lot of people would disagree with me but Empire is honestly one of the more feminist shows on the air right now. The women drive a good deal of the action and they aren't perfect but they're layered as hell.

And of course Lucious is Lola's father. Ugh. That man is reprehensible. I've no doubt he's got kids all over the country.

I can believe next week is the finale. I demand webisodes at least.

Edited by marceline

• Members

Look at those rating!!! Hallelujah!

"What is this Bi-po-lah dis-or-dah"! TPH is everything!

However, much like the word "sissy", a person her age should have heard about this and know what it is. She's been in prison for God's sake. Half the people incarcerated with her probably had some mental illness. While I understand what they are trying to convey here, it just seems dated.

Edited by ajsp35801

• Members

I agree. About 15 to 18 would be reasonable. But I do agree with him that 22 would kill the show too fast.

This should push FOX into investing in more diverse dramas and comedies. They are out there. FOX just needs to find them and invest like they did in the 90s. Hopefully this time around, they won't ditch us once the ratings are back sky-high

• Members

I find it funny how they are using Empire to promote the other shows on their network when I doubt most of Empire's audience is checking for it. There's a reason the ratings are mammoth compared to the rest of the schedule. Empire is serving an audience that hasn't watched network television in years due to lack of representation.

I was shocked to read an article that Empire was the most watched English speaking prime time show in Latino/Hispanic homes. Also shocked that one episode attained a 40.6/76 in AA female demos.