Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Like it or not, Jamal is toe to toe with Lucious. He is the most talented and capable, he has the drive and the passion, and he's also going to inherit the empire.

The Jennifer Hudson song is [!@#$%^&*] beautiful. That is going to go bigger than "Conqueror".

Edited by Vee

• Members

We get it!! the show is about the Lucious & Cookie gay son. I don't understand why they didn't make them other boys girls. I thought this show was about three rich black guys with different issues. No matter what issues the other two boys got, it always come back to Jamal is the best of what Lucious & Cookie got to offer.

• Members

It ain't just his fantasy, it's his show! And it's the narrative arc they have presented all season, especially last week when Jamal hit Lucious with a lot of truth about their family business. You don't have to like the truth but it's coming for you, Chit! And most of the audience believes in it.

Because he is, right now. I'm sure he will take a fall in Season 2 and the others will rise up from where they're at, especially poor Andre. That is the nature of soap opera. But the narrative of the first season was that Jamal, the dark horse candidate for the throne, overcame a lot of obstacles to prove himself as the natural successor, including Hakeem being the chosen one and Andre being the money man. Hakeem and Andre aren't bad dudes and I think the show has taken a lot of time to develop their stories as well - they are leads - but Jamal is the Bobby Ewing analog of the story IMO, really.

Of course, who knows - maybe Jamal won't get it after all in the finale, and he'll do that in Season 2.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Lucious being a killer is irrelevant in this. In general, if anyone can beat Lucious, at this point, it's Cookie. She is more than his equal.

The only other that could eventually win is Jamal, which brings me to...

Absolutely.

• Members

I have a feeling they are going to subvert it, actually. We'll think it'll go to Jamal but it'll be Cookie, at least for the moment. Whenever Jamal (or anyone else) does get the throne, it won't be for long. This is a soap opera about a family business.