Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Jamal Jamal Jamal! I just loathe this fool! The continued saga of "Sissies Can Be Bad Ass Too", Lee Daniels makes Jamal look like an idiot. Hakeem warned Jamal that the brothers would be turned against one another, and Jamal assured him he was wrong. Point for Hakeem! Then, to show us how hard Jamal is, he faces off with a guy with a gun. How I wish that thug would have given Jamal a 3rd eye. Why would Hakeem send his thug friends in to do that to Jamal with NO DISGUISE? Another point for Hakeem! I'd rather Daniels just write a damn biography as opposed to righting the wrongs of his upbringing on my screen! It gets a bit messy.

Cookie juggling those phone calls was amazing. TP had me in stitches, "youz a freak, but that's a good thing...We can sell it". Lawd!

Not sure who that young woman is who plays Tiana, but that chick can dance! I find myself rewinding all of her scenes when she's dancing. She's not a poser. That chick looks like a pro! Gonna look her up.

Portia is about the most graceless cow I've seen on TV in quite some time, but I uber love her ass! She rocks!

Anika, there's certainly no investment in this character. Look at the parents they gave her? Unless they recast her parents, Anika will slowly fade to the background and then disappear.

Can't wait for Andre to go bat sh!t. So here for that. Gonna go get some popcorn.

Lucious wub.pngwub.pngwub.png What's left to be said? This is one bad mofo, and I absolutely adore him. He has my whole heart wub.pngwub.pngwub.png There's just no pinpointing one or 2 wonderful things he did. He's just marvelous!

Holy GUACAMOLE!

Ratings:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/02/ratings-news-5th-february-2015.html

Edited by ChitHappens

• Members

Andre quickly earned his scheming crown in this episode. He didn't want anyone to get hurt, but he was willing to take a risk for his own benefit.

I had to laugh at Hakeem's crew being all amazed by the power of green screens, which is not really all that impressive in this era.

If Cookie hadn't realized that she made a mistake about the rose, I think her and Lucious might have got it on. I can't wait until next week when Cookie's calls out Lucious for sending her a rose after giving Anika a ring.

• Members

Sooner or later the rise will drop or level out. That's a fact of life. My concern is Season 2 sticking the landing.

And Chit, I'm sorry but you are on your own wacky trip! Jamal did nothing wrong last night. He got work done and stood up to those thugs like a man, and he displayed the same dark temperament as his father with poor Hakeem. You're just sweating that Lucious's obvious heir is the one he can't control. And he knows it, too!

• Members

ITA. As much as I love the ever increasing ratings, I don't want them to be a bubble that bursts. I really want this show to find its level and provide consistently high numbers. I'm a little worried about a sophomore slump but I'm still hurting from the Sleepy Hollow flameout. SH fell apart when it got new writers and a new showrunner so as long as Daniels and Strong both keep a firm hand on the writing, I won't get too squirrely.