Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think that is about 85% of Lucious' problem with Jamal. It's about how it reflects on him to have a gay son. However, I do believe him when he says it's about how the world with treat Jamal too. He grew up on the streets with violence and drugs. Something that his kids no longer have to endure. He needs to make the transition in his head.

• Members

I wouldn't compare Jamal and Hakeem. For one, Hakeem is barely out of high school. I consider him a kid. Jamal is a fully grown man. There is a difference IMO.

However, I don't care. I agree that Jamal should be torn and should struggle with the thought of struggling. It's not like he isn't old enough to know what it is like to live without money. No one wants to go back to that.

Edited by ajsp35801

• Members

I know how I feel. VINDICATED! They should feel ashamed. But I doubt they do. They will say that the primetime audience is different than they daytime audience. There is some truth to that. But it isn't for that young demo that they want to capture so terribly.

Andre probably could do it. He might seduce Michael himself. He's such as !@#$%^&*], I love him though.

• Members

I actually had a conversation with my friends where I said that there is only a handful of women that could have played the role of Cookie and not come off as a caricature or grating and delivered her lines naturally. Taraji, Vivica Fox, AND Victoria Rowell. That's it that I really think could do it.

I'd love to see Victoria Rowell as Lucious' mother. I'd make her a pretentious bitch with a heart of gold. Andre would be her favorite.

• Members

Lucious will be very hurt if Jamal cuts him off. I can hear the rant, "I have loved him and provided for him despite him sleeping with men. And this is how he treats me!". Oh, the outrage.

I also think that Jamal will probably start living in an unsavory place. I don't doubt Lucious to hire a bodygaurd to follow and protect him. Or Cookie will. No way will they leave him to roam the streets alone.

• Members

That thug, Vivica, could not do Cookie justice! Cookie is in the league of Alexis Carrington because Taraji has the chops to get her there. Vivica and her head rolling hoodrat ass could not do it. Taraji is damn near perfect casting. I can't imagine anyone playing this role but her!

VR as Lucious mother? Huh?

• Members

Honestly, I'm not even sure how old Jamal is. Has it been established? Can we say with certainly that he's a full grown man? Maybe that's the case.

Regardless, that's exactly it. No one would easily choose a hard, difficult life, especially if they have grown up privileged.

• Members

He is at least 5/6 years older than Hakeem if we go by that flash back of him being put in the garbage can. Maybe 23/24. Still very young but old enough to have a job at Empire if nothing else. If he doesn't want to cut a record, then he needs an office position. Earn his keep!

But again. I don't care about that. I don't mind spoiled grown up kids with no ambition. Why work when you don't have too. If I could lay around the house and watch soaps all day, I would do that.