Race to the World Series

Toups

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Pierzynski strikes out and the Angels start to go off the field, but the umpire rules that the ball hit the dirt which it didn't. Next batter...White Sox wins the game. Watch the highlights because you will be hearing about this all night and tomorrow. It was utter bullshit.

• Members

To Scocia's credit, he isn't blaming that on the loss, he's saying that his team didn't play well. But he's clearly PISSED.

That stinks though, Toups. You really hate to lose a game like that because of a blown call by the ump. BTW, how did he see the ball bounce in the ground?

• Members

That was a very important win. If they win the first game, more times than not, they win the series. I hope they do this time. Clemens is on the mound tonight, and if they can take him out, they may be done for.

Peter Gammons was actually making excuses for Pettite, saying that he got hit with a foul ball in BP, and that he did not get over the flu that he had.

The Cards didn't have Carpenter last year, and Mulder was not on the team. That is what's different this year, and if Reggie keeps hitting like he is, and the other guys come around, with that starting pitching, who can beat them?

• Members

Funny you say that... based on the past (not for NCLS, but ACLS), the loser of the first game has usually gone to win the series...

I know the Yankees have been winning the first games in their past three play off series and have been losing the series themselves so I think 1st game win is always not much.

But I'm happy for the White Sox... kind of on even ground btwn the astros and cardinals.

• Members

Well, Mulder did his job. Too bad he had no offense behind him.

Sanders is ruled to have a sprained back, and is day-to-day.

How in God's Earth can you win 100 games during the regular season and then only score 1 run in a LCS game?! These guys STINK!

• Administrator

Congrats to the ChiSox! 4 straight compelete games by the pitchers. That is just unbelievable.

And St.Louis is in trouble. I don't see them winning when they have to win 3 straight games against Andy, Roy and Roger. Buh-bye St.Louis!

Archived