GH: Ron Carlivati on writing Robin's exit

• Members

Weak. He really went through all the scenarios? How about writing around Robin? Do what Days did in the beginning with Bo by having him in town but in another room. Unlike PR though, we know KM is just taking a break and will be back so it wont be as jarring. Robin doesnt work at GH so why not have her take a position at Marcy hospital? That right there would explain why we dont see her in the GH scenes. She being missing for key moments like Sabrina giving birth could be troublesome but there are several excuses that could be used to get her out of town for a few weeks such as attending an AIDS conference or consulting on the case of a former patient that no longer lives in PC. When it comes time for summer, they could have Robin take Emma on a girls trip to do some bonding as mother/daughter.

Knowing she was leaving, they could have pretaped alot of scenes so that she is still seen from time to time. Having phone convos with Patrick, Anna or even solo scenes with them around the time his baby is born. I dont see why that cant be done in advance. She doesnt need to have an active story to be on the show. She could have just been someone in town that is barely seen but pops in from time to time. Kind of like Monica.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, there were many ways to handle this, but that's not even the point. These idiots masquerading as the soap press are acting as if Craptini were blindsided, and they weren't. They knew how much time they had with Kim, so reuniting Scrubs was a huge mistake AFTER bringing Kim back in the first place. Destroying Robin is nothing to them because they had already gotten what they needed from the return, a bump in ratings for November. Either reunite Scrubs and let them leave together or have Patty choose Sabrina. Yeah, the fans would be unhappy, but are they happy now?

Exactly! They didn't give a sh!t about Robin (neither do I), so trying to garner sympathy because "they did the best with what they had" is bullshit! That idiot from SID tweeted that on his podcast he would be asking the question "how would the fans handle such a tough situation". Since I couldn't punch his ass thru the screen, I asked him to make sure he presented the very fact that Crappy knew how much time they had.

• Members

Can anyone tell RC that admitting you have a problem is half the solution? It seems anyone who could take him to task for anything are too busy shaking in their boots at the prospect of RC no longer giving them pointoless and self-serving interviews that will blame anyone but himself to adress how off track Ronny can get.

His worst offense is to order the fans to care about some of his chosen ones before they even get fleshed out. After over a year i should be able to tell a few things about,say, Felix other than he is a loudmouth busybuddy.

• Members

I haven't seen anything to confirm the allegation that they said no to Kim offering to stay longer. I've heard that claim but I've never seen it sourced, and I don't think I believe it. That being said, I do think they mangled a more than fair portion of Kimberly's limited time available; they should've sped up their timetable story-wise, but no one tells them no anymore. They barely had Robin back and then it was time for her to go again, and while JT and KMc have done a great job, this is far too rushed. They had many options to deal with Robin and they chose one that, while heartbreaking, could have worked with more time given over to Scrubs and their fanbase getting more payoff. They didn't get that time, so as it is now it's just chump change.

I do like Scrubs, but the next time Kim returns I think they'll eventually need some sort of genuine, organic shake-up. If it was up to me, sometime in the future Robin would be drawn to Nikolas or a NuJason with her marriage on the skids. Robin's never been put in the position of being the disloyal one, and her relationship with Jason was the third rail in the show's history under Guza, Frons and Phelps - they pretended to venerate that past but they would never dare deal directly with the fact that those two very much wanted each other; "frumpy" Robin could never be the woman in St. Jason's life. Fortunately, they've all been fired so the show could do as it likes.

• Members

Hey, if she said it, I believe it. And if so, it's ridiculous and unacceptable that they'd put her out. But until and unless she confirmed it, it just sounded like gossip. I just didn't want to to be in the position of only believing what I wanted to hear.

• Members

In the latter half of my post I'm speculating about what I'd do were I to run the show and were Robin to return, which only makes me an apologist for myself.

As for my feelings about the 'why' of Robin's exit (leaving to save a friend), you've posted with me for enough years to know that I've very often spun out those ideas and alternatives to the mistakes these various shows make hundreds of times. And you also know how many times I've said that something they came up with could have worked had this particular writer taken more time and more care, and how very often I've pointed out that he doesn't. I believe AddieCate's said something similar about Robin's exit story. You can say it about A.J. and Liz, you can say it about A.J. and Carly, you can say it about the ELQ wars, you can say it about everything under the sun - people on this and other boards can and do, constantly. And then there's the people that love the show unreservedly and think this stuff is all going great, which I certainly do not, I think it's a total mess.

I'm sorry if you find it unacceptable that I could say that an idea the writer has is not implicitly, profoundly wrong by virtue of its coming from him - that it's in execution that he so often fails - but I've been saying that exact thing about many storylines he's written for many years, and I'm far from the only one to do so, so we might as well try to get used to it.

• Members

JT does a great job when he tries. Lately he's so asleep that he makes Kelly Monaco seem like Faye Dunaway in Mommie Dearest.

Can't really blame him though since RC doesn't care about Patrick, among many MANY other things.

Needless to say, RC is having a meltdown on twitter in regards to Robin's exit. "Let the onslaught begin." As usual, he's starting fights with strangers on social media.

Archived