Y&R: December and Entire 2013 Episode Rankings!

dm.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're right. Too bad the character that Amelia Heinle plays is Victoria in name ONLY. No similarity in character, actions and disposition in any way whatsoever. BUT, because her last name is Newman, she has been allowed to stay and "thrive," much like Fired!Adam

• Members

On the topic of Jess/Jill, I didn't know this interview with Michael Fairman existed until now:

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/yrs-jess-walton-talks-on-katherines-memorial-episodes-jills-love-life-regime-changes/2013/09/20/

Walton on the decision by former Y&R EP, Maria Arena Bell, and current EP, Jill Farren Phelps, to write off Jill’s last flame, Colin played by fan favorite,Tristan Rogers: “That was my very favourite romance for Jill, ever! I was completely aghast when she let him go. That was actually a big part about why I left.”
Walton on her status with Y&R which is currently recurring: “That’s a personal choice. I’m supposed to retired, actually! I had left the show because the last regime didn’t really show much interest in Jill. When Jill Farren Phelps took over, she made it very clear to me that she really was interested in the character of Jill and wanted to bring her back – which is why I came back. But I’m still supposed to be retired! (Laughs) Although, it’s not working out that way!”

• Members

When JFP was hired, Linda Dano tweeted something to the effect that "Jill loves great actors" and I think the issue with whole FOJ thing is that people forget, by in large, FOJ's are great actors. Certainly, some change and there are some duds, but overall JFP is selective and appreciates talent.

I'm glad she appreciates Jess Walton.

• Errol unpinned this topic

Archived