19 Kids & Counting

John

• Members

So I admit I watch this & am sorta fascinated by them just because I find them so sheltered and I wonder what would happen if one of the kids were gay or married a person from another race.

It seems they are ultra conserative

Anyone else watch

Have thoughts

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I assume they'd be the type to be convinced that their gay son or daughter is possessed by the devil or didn't pray hard enough or something. sad.png I don't know them personally, but I live in the same general area, and I remember when he ran for US Senate in the primary against the Republican incumbent because "God commanded him to do so." They've toned down their crazy considerably since they've been on television. Back when their show first came out, a local newspaper columnist referred to them as, "doing for Arkansas what 'Deliverance' did for canoe trips in Georgia."

• 4 months later...
  • Members

So on tonight the guy Jill is courting, Derek (They have since become enaged) reunited after he spent a long stint in Nepal. At the airport they ran to each other and hugged. But the parents got mad cause it was a front hug and not a side hug. I just cant with this family. If front hugs are the worst your kids do, you raised them well.

Archived