GH: The Frank Valentini and Ron Carlivati Interview

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Frons's soft spot was for Guza's GH.

He told anyone at ABC who would listen that Guza was the only man who truly understood GH and could steer it for the future, and he thought GH was still the flagship and the only soap worth potentially preserving. He took from OLTL's financial coffers to cover its splashy budget overages like James Franco, CGI and the Port Charles Hotel fire. And he ultimately threw both AMC and OLTL under its wheels to try and keep it going longer. At one point I'd heard ABCD wanted all 3 cut at once, but Frons begged to save GH.

• Members

I loved Mel.

If OLTL 2.0 had pulled a swerve a la Dimitri on AMC - brought Mel Hayes back alive to spar with David for Dorian - I think people would have been gripped by that. But my understanding is that Stephen Markle has been ill a number of years; he certainly looked it when RC brought him back several times on ABC. I also would've preferred Herb, but Tony Call has been resolute for a number of years that he will never act again.

• Members

That was how I felt too - too much time shaming Dorian. I preferred their fun relationship early on.

I do think Stephen Markle was a good actor and he worked well with Robin and the cast. Nothing against him personally.

I tend to think of Herb as her soulmate, but I would have been fine with a decent Joey recast too.

Archived