OLTL’s Sean Ringgold Facing Rape Investigation!

• Members

This sounds like BS to me. He undid her shirt and went for her chest and now that is "rape"? And it happened in a car while he was the driver? Well just how physically coerced was this woman that she couldn't just open up the passenger door at this red light and get out? And what were they doing the moments leading up to the red light in question? As he coasted to the light as it turned yellow where was the struggle? And then she says he assaulted her after dinner "as well as" on the ride home. So he assaulted her while walking out or at the table and then she hops in his car?

It sounds more to me like a make out session and for whatever reason this woman went to the police.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She said that he parked the car to "finish the job".

I don't know, I really don't care to speculate and I know from all too painful personal experiences, our innocent loved ones aren't always so innocent so it's only fair to keep an open mind.

There was a case on Judge Judy yesterday about a driver who filed an unwarranted complaint against a police officer and JJ gave a long speech about how if even found innocent, the stain of the allegation will never fully fade away. There will always be "What ifs" about the accused that linger in the minds of others. So I pray that this young lady wouldn't make such a serious allegation if unfounded.

• Members

I was a bit speechless when reading this but I think you've summed it up better than I.

You never truly know a person that you've never met in life (at least I don't) and in addition to that, I've only really become aware of the actor in the last, like, three years or so, so I really don't know what to think!

Just a bad situation from every vantage point.

• Members
Yeah, rape not being about sex has become this strange manta, but I don't buy it. These guys get off on the humiliation and power. Power and humiliation is the only thing that makes some of them cum. At it's very core it's about sex. That's why chemical castration is so successful.

• Members

You mean serial rapist...and not the random fool who gets pissed that he has been told no and decides "how dare she/he tell me no"? Or the men who decide that they must rape a lesbian as punishment or what they feel is corrective therapy. Definitely not the men who rape another gay man as punishment because hey, it's what gay men like so he is just giving him what he wants. I don't see any of those situations I mentioned being about attraction and getting off physically.It's about the thoughts in their head on how they can degrade another human being.

• Members

I think most of the things you've mentioned are still about sex. Maybe not guys raping lesbians to punish them.

I take issue with the notion that it's not about sex because it implies that if a man is attracted to the person he rapes, it's somehow that person's fault. I call bullshit on that.

• Members

Huh? You lost me on it being the rape survivors fault if sex is not the motivating reasons...I don't follow. How so? And how is a guy raping a lesbian as punishment any different from a guy raping a hetero woman because she said no? When all is said and done, it is till punishment because the woman has decided the man is not to her taste.

Archived