DAYS: Actor returning for record-breaking 5th role

• Members

HEY THERE, DON'T YOU LOOK FAMILIAR??...IAN PATRICK WILLIAMS BACK ON "DAYS" IN RECORD-BREAKING FIFTH ROLE

Ian Patrick Williams, who has had 4 recurring roles on "Days" in the past, is returning to the show later this month for his record-breaking 5th recurring role (for stats purposes, a role lasting at least 5 episodes). Listed as simply "Gentleman" on some of the Christmas paperwork, Williams revealed his character's name on IMDB: Percy Ruggles. Look for Williams to make his debut as Percy on November 26.

"Days" fans may remember him for two of his most memorable roles on the show...he played Steve Kendall, the pilot that Vivian drugged and caused to crash the plane that Kate Roberts was on in 1995 (causing Kate to go missing for a year) and later would play Mimi Lockhart's father, David Lockhart in 2000 and 2002. His other recurring roles were as Dr. Bert Klein (Vivian's sanitarium doctor) in 1998; and Dr. Adams (Lucas' doctor in San Diego) in 2002.

williamsianpatrickNEW.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

David only factored in at the end of the Lockhart's storyline. They brought in William Bumiller for one episode (3/1/07) to show David's death in newly-created flashbacks (Mimi, who had no memory of the events until this day, had killed her drunken father with a baseball bat to keep him from strangling Bonnie). This was also Mimi and Bonnie's last episode and they both left town, never to be seen again. I think it was Patrick (who had left the show in January 2007) who ended up taking the fall for Mimi, to save her from going to prison. Skimming through the episode synopses just now, Mimi and Max had stumbled upon a skeleton which ended up being her dad (and a ring on the skeleton's finger had Lockhart blood on it).

• Members

I had stopped watching regularly by this point, but how did this fit with Mimi's homeless story in 2000? At that point they said David had got into debt, which resulted in them becoming homeless, and I'm sure he popped up during the Habitat for Humanity thing. Were viewers supposed to believe that after this Mimi killed her father off screen at some random point, and even though she blocked it out, no-one noticed any odd behaviour?! Did people actually buy all this?

• Members

Amen!

I honestly do not remember that story AT. ALL. I remember they brought on Mimi's younger brother Connor at the very tail end right before Bonnie was finally written off (and then Judi Evans returned a month later with long red hair and an ugly creme pantsuit as Adrienne), but I don't remember Mimi realizing she killed her father. I don't even remember the details of Patrick being the gloved killer. Sigh... I'm getting old. Oh well. I was just glad to see all the Lockharts exit.

• Members

I just did the cast & set list for August 16, 2006...the last scene is EJ's Apartment (EJ, Sami, Gloved Hand) and the summary for the scene is this:

"Sami begins crying, she says she cant let Lexie ruin this wedding. EJ says hell make sure that doesnt happen. She thanks him and says she doesnt know what shed do if it wasnt for him. He smirks. Sami gets the funny feeling that someone is watching her right now. She looks outside but doesnt see anything. Sami says she needs to relax and let EJ help her now. She says after tomorrow she will be Mrs. Austin Reed forever. The gloved hand lurks outside!"

So if they did end up making EJ the gloved hand, this scene helps disprove that... (Patrick was with Bo & Hope at the Police Station earlier in this act).

• Members

Oh, so that's how the writers dealt with it then...they made it multiple gloved hands!! Wonder if they all had to wear the same special glove, or any old glove would do!! smile.png

In reality, there were probably multiple U/5s who played the gloved hand...now that's an easy pay day!! No lines to learn, no makeup or hair to worry about, just play a glove and make a nice pay day!

Archived