American Idol being sued

Soapsuds

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Its stupid...money hunger lame ass singers who couldn't make it and so they want the quick way to make money...if they had been that good no AI boot would have prevented them from making it as a singer.

• Members

And them waiting 5-10 years to do something about it.... :lol: It's sad that people would use the real issue of racism to try to get a quick pay day. When I saw Corey Clark (Paula's boo thang from way back when) was a part of this it immediately lost all credibility.

• Members

Is it really impossible to believe that this might be true? That AI profiled young black singers to remove them so that they could have more white faces in the competition? Is that really difficult to believe?

Remember Frenchie Davis? I believe she was profiled. So she showed her tits online?! I don't believe AI wanted this big black woman representing AI. She had a voice only second to Melinda Doolittle, IMHO [and we all know MD not winning the season was a travesty of the highest order]. I gave up the show once Melinda was bounced and never looked back!

I hope AI is called to the carpet for this because I have no doubt in my mind this is true.

• Members

That's just it. They're acting like Idol ruined their chances of ever having a career, but there's always the argument that had it not been for Idol, they may have been completely anonymous private citizens right now. Perhaps Idol is the only moment they were ever going to get regardless. Who knows... And frankly, scandal sells just as much and sometimes even more than talent, so if somebody out there wants you, they will make it happen. It's different though when you give off a sleazy untrustworthy vibe that your potential employers think will bite them in the butt someday. That's the vibe I got from the twins and Corey. Corey and Paula probably did bone, but he was so shifty on that primetime interview he did, I don't blame anyone for not wanting to touch his career.

Elton John did call the voting audience out on racism. It's not inconceivablt to me that tptb pick their favorites and subtlely suggest to the audience who should get the boot. I have gotten that impression quite a few times when a

contestant sings his or her face off and gets a round of inexplicably negative critique.

Archived