Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom

Ann_SS

• Members

I just saw the first major trailer and it gives me the shivers and the scenes with Idris are amazing. The film is already getting Oscar buzz. This movie should make Idris a star. If you haven't read Nelson Mandela's biography, "Long Walk to Freedom" already, you should. It is emotionally uplifting and very funny at times. He has a great sense of humor and is a warm wonderful person.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mandela-long-walk-freedom-trailer-588629

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
  • Members

Superb film!

Idris became Nelson, and he did a wonderful job. We already know Mandela's story, but IE took us thru the physical journey and I applaud him. As the character aged, they transformed IE to the spitting image of Mandela. It was a sight!

However, if I'm going to be honest here and put my lust for Elba aside, Naomie Harris owned the movie as Winnie! She opened her mouth, and "Oscar" repeadetely rolled off her tongue. She gave a powerful performance, and I would have totally gone to see the movie if it were solely about Winnie. My god, this woman was so damn good. She better not be overlooked for an Oscar because her name isn't Jennifer Lawrence, who I've grown positively sick of! But I won't muddy this thread with anymore talk of her.

Must see film that didn't miss a beat.

ETA: Not sure why Alexisfan wants to slap me for going to see the movie?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived