Tainted Dreams

• Members

I needed an excuse to post this interview with my fiance who will be on Tainted Dreams of course biggrin.png She starts talking about it @ 17:46. Could she be any more perfect & fun to talk with?! I LOVE HER!!

Beware, this is the most awkward interviewer ever. Clearly an amateur and he made some WTF comments! SO GAWKY and i was cringing at the bad framing of his camera angle. The camera just needed to stay on Alicia. It cut to him every time he said something and it was annoying. You are awkward as hell and dont need to be seen that much Jason. I'm so sorry.

She talks about AMC a lot of course too ;-) "People did not like me when I first started, they were like 'You need to be nice to Erica!!'" LOL.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There has always been issues concerning lack of persons of color in writers for Soaps. So the behind the camera personnel lacking diversity is never been a secret on Soaps, overall. African American writers not there to write for the AA cast members of a Soap Opera.

• Members

I love Alicia Minshew. She does have a comedic flair about her and she had Susan Lucci to mentor her and grow from. Susan has a wonderful dramedy sense in her skills. Alicia attends Comedy workshops and did a pilot, Surviving Sam (a comedy themed). She is busy as ever with Independent films and just completed a short run on Off Broadway too. She keeps working her craft in all mediums.

She is open to AMC reboot, schedule permitting.

• Members

Alicia Minshew and Walt Willey will bring alot of light and laughter to the show. Walt Willey has his Stand Up comedy act he has on tour and I did not get around to one of the Tribute to Pine Valley tour shows but saw clips and he had the audiences laughing at his stories.

Tainted Dreams seems something in the realm of a Dramedy type show with lighthearted moments, outright comedy with drama inserted to be a show where it is not all dark and drama all the time.

Walt Willey has his Stand Up show, Wild and Willey, his One Man show, Wild Bill, an evening with Bill Hickok, just hosted the Miss Virginia pagent with Bobbie Eakes (a Miss Georgia herself). He and his wife run an award winning Bed and Breakfast in New Mexico and so it is great that he has time to do Tainted Dreams. He seems open to return/appear on the new reboot AMC too.

• 2 months later...

Archived