DAYS: Press release on Daytime Emmy wins for Best Show & Chandler Massey

JAS0N47

• Members

"DAYS OF OUR LIVES" WINS AS BEST DRAMA SERIES AT 40TH ANNUAL DAYTIME EMMY AWARDS!
CHANDLER MASSEY REPEATS AS WINNER IN YOUNGER ACTOR CATEGORY!

"Days of Our Lives" won its 35th and 36th Daytime Emmy awards tonight at the 40th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards, including its second (and first since 1975) for best daytime drama series and the second win in a row for younger actor Chandler Massey (Will)! Producers Lisa De Cazotte, Greg Meng, Janet Drucker, Tim Stevens and Albert Alarr all received their first Daytime Emmys for their work on "Days." Executive producer Ken Corday received his 3rd Emmy for "Days", with his previous two wins coming as one of the show's music composers in 1990 and 1997. Chandler Massey becomes the first younger actor to win two years in a row, since Jonathan Jackson accomplished the feat in 1998 and 1999.

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES
Days of Our Lives NBC
Ken Corday, Executive Producer
Lisa de Cazotte, Greg Meng, Co-Executive Producers
Janet Drucker, Tim Stevens, Coordinating Producers
Albert Alarr, Producer

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
CHANDLER MASSEY, as Will Horton
Days of our Lives, NBC

EXECUTIVE PRODUCER KEN CORDAY ACCEPTANCE SPEECH FOR RECEIVING DAYTIME EMMY AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING DAYTIME DRAMA SERIES:

"Pinch me! Somebody pinch me! Thank you. Thank you. Wow...really worth the wait. 38 years, ladies and gentlemen. Unbelievable! I'd like to thank so many people. Please don't start the music yet. I'd like to thank NBC, Bruce Evans and Rebecca McGill. I'd like to thank Sony Pictures, Steve Mosko and Steve Kent. I'd like to thank out brilliant producers, all around me...Lisa De Cazotte, Greg Meng and this cast, this unbelievably beautiful cast. This is a dream. This is a dream to be here, for me, and for all of us. Just a moment to tell you a quick story. Ted and Betty Corday started the show in 1965. It received its only Emmy Award for best daytime show in 1975, 38 years ago. Today is breaking the ice again. Thank you to all the other nominees. Today is Father's Day. Today is my birthday. And today is a great day to celebrate. Thank you!"

CHANDLER MASSEY ACCEPTANCE SPEECH FOR RECEIVING DAYTIME EMMY AWARD FOR OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTOR:

"Hi. First of all, I'd like to thank everyone at NBC and Corday and the amazing cast and crew and the writers and producers. All the credit goes to you guys. Also, this isn't fair, because I have the best actor to work alongside and that's Freddie Smith. Freddie, you are phenomenal. You are absolutely incredible and it's my privilege to work with you. Also, I want to thank Maria O'Brien, the acting coach at Days. I wouldn't have a job if you weren't there. I'd be fired. And Greg (Meng) and Lisa (De Cazotte), thank you so much. I'd like to thank you as well. And also, Ryan Farentino, my manager; Jeff Ballard, my publicist; Charlie; and also my family. My mom, thank you so much. Camille, Christian, Cameron, Mimi and Poppa, I love you. Everyone's thanking their dads. I want to thank...Happy Grandfather's Day to you, Poppa, and Dad as well, thank you. Happy Father's Day. I love you. And Cameron, I said. That's it. I mean...thank you so much. Thanks...Please wrap up. Okay, alright, thanks!"

http://www.jason47.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To think an NBC exec in 2007 said DAYS would likely not be on the air after it then contract ended in 2009!

The last time an NBC soap won the Outstanding Drama Series Emmy was in 1990!

In the 40 years of the daytime Emmys an NBC soap has won only 6 times in this category!

When you consider two iconic soaps Another World and Search for Tomorrow each premiered, made soap history and ended in 35 years, the same amount of years it took for DAYS to win its second Outstanding Series emmy it is an amazing story of DAYS' win last night. Especially for a soap that was fated for cancelation in 2009!

Archived