SOD: Drake Hogestyn Back Filming (+Dool Spoilers Really Interesting)

• Members

Nicole is the definition of a useful supporting player. Even without a lead story (since the end of the Jennifer/Daniel/baby story), she's been involved in a ton of stuff: with Eric's reintroduction, with Vargas, with Brady/Kristen, with Chloe. Nicole and Zuker add a lot, and it's not like she's hogging airtime from "core characters" (a group I actually believes she belongs to at this point) with some storyline that's all about her and a bunch of strangers.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Nicole has more than earned her place on the show, IMHO, and it's largely in part to Arianne Zucker. Same for Kate and Lauren Koslow. In all intents and purposes, both characters could have long been tossed. Was it under Sheffer that Nicole was written out? Or Reilly? Damn I really can't remember ... off to refresh my brain. But anyway, while their acting may not be everyone's favorite, I think they often make gold out of crap and they're interesting to watch. They have chemistry with nearly EVERYONE. Though Dannifer nearly did a huuuuge number on the character. (And I'm not quite fond of Kate sobbing all over Rafe, but Lauren's great to watch so I can watch it. To me, something I could easily FFwd or HAAATE, a good actor can more times than not make it work)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Marlena is better off without him. She's much more the Marlena I want to watch. They should have kept John dead in 2008. Best thing to ever happen to both characters at the time.

But LOL at SOD getting it wrong.

I do feel for Drake though, even if he was phoning it in for so long. With his head tilt, the constipated expressions .... sigh.

Archived