Y&R: June 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Some of these characters ought to stay single for awhile until it becomes more apparent who has chemistry with whom.

For the past several years, Y&R has thrown people into couplings too quickly and many have failed at the minimum while others have been flat out revolting. Why can't they just have some singles who are sans relationship for awhile?

Already some blogs are trying to throw another man into Sharon's path (and bed). What's wrong with giving this woman some space and time to get her head sorted out and find some purpose in life that doesn't involve being under someone?

I was just thinking that Y&R killed Victoria's executive drive when they made her an artist. I'm not disparaging artist because I'm one myself but if they wanted to make anyone a painter why couldn't they have made Sharon the painter? At least it would've given her something to do, dammit!

• Members

I see budding chem between Chloe and Alex. I think he seems attracted to her and I love how intensely he was talking to her today.

Thank you for this very good news. I am really thinking about starting to watch regularly again.

• Members

What I like is a slow burn when the characters become friends and then they fall in love. I can see that happening with Alex and Chloe. He could be there for her through her break up and divorce, then they eventually fall in love.

Watching today's show, I seriously have no clue how GR has lasted so long on Y&R. Kevin should have never been bought back after he went to prison. The character serves absolutely no purpose.

Kudos to JFP and JG for finally putting the kibosh on the horrible Kevin/Chloe pairing.

I'll add: I think Y&R has its best younger set since the Glo by Jabot group. With the exception of Lily, Summer and Fen, I think Noah, Kyle, Tyler, Abby, along with the older Alex and Chloe have tons of potential. Unfortunately, the writing is simply not there. Hopefully, with summer on the horizon, this will change.

• Members

I won't get happy about Chlovin's break up until I see them sign divorce papers. Get Leslie or Avery on the phone pronto. I'd say Chloe and Alex falling into bed is likely since he seems to care about her. I'm fine with that since Alex and Abby aren't working for me at all. Abby looked better next to Tyler.

• Members

Alex and Abby are not working because there has been no investment in their story. One minute they are flirting, next they are a couple dates, and now they are boyfriend and girlfriend. We were never shown them falling in love and overcoming obstacles to be together. Maybe it is because both actors are recurring, but like most stories on Y&R it is boring and uninspired.

• Members

OMG! You made me so happy. You have no idea how long I have been wanting this happen. Thank you, thank you! Seriously, you are nothing, but good soap news of late. You must be my good news soap fairy!

Oh no, I just realize that I have to starting watching Y&R again. Oh well!

Archived