• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Is anyone watching this show? I haven't watched any of the new episodes but I have noticed that when the show had its premiere it trended for a few hours on social media and most were complaints about missing characters and weird plots.  I haven't heard a peep since. 

• Members

I am watching and not caring for it. There is no Jude and Zero and the explanation to Zero leaving was lame as hell. The plots are worse than they were before.....

Just checked the ratings and they are awful. On VH1 the show had a 0.7 demo rating with 1.1 million viewers......on BET the premiere episode got a 0.2 demo and less than half a million viewers. The ratings for episode 2 went down even more and picked up slightly for episode 3. The show is down 76% in demos and 70% in viewers from season 3 on VH1. A question.....do VH1 and BET have the same availability ?? Meaning do less people get BET channel than VH1? I don't see the show being renewed after this season. 

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

They are both on basic cable, as far as I remember. The show had sort of messed itself up even before it left VH1 and seems to have deteriorated from there.

The first bad sign to me was when I noticed that Kimberly Elise (Sloane) wasn't having much to do with the show anymore.  She is the executive producer and if it weren't for her, the show would never have gotten greenlit in the first place. Her character is gone, and she was the best actor on that show.

From what I have heard, there's no Ahsha and people were upset with the excuse, er, explanation that was given for her absence. 

Pete was killed off, very early, in a very sad way.

There are a slew of new characters that have been plunked down, seemingly all at once, instead of one by one.

Too many fundamental changes in one episode.

From what I heard, the show got very dark all at once. 

In previous seasons, the show had been relatively fun, not too deep and not too heavy.  It was never Downton Abbey and that was fine...HTF was supposed to have bouncy dance routines, a bit of comedy, a bit of drama, a dash of suspense and attitude to cover whatever deficiencies the show had (it had more than a few, TBH).

I also heard complaints that even the choreography and dancing wasn't as good as it had been in the past.

Also, one of the biggest problems is that the show has simply lost a lot of momentum having been off the air for so long. 

• Members

All of these are reasons for the huge drop in ratings especially your last statement. Those who didn't return went to other projects ....thinking the show was done with.....I've even seen the actor who plays Jude now on the reboot of Dynasty as fake Adam. I wonder how he juggled both shows. He could've easily bolted too. I miss my Zero and Jude. 

• 4 months later...