Tyler Perry's 'Haves and Have Nots' on OWN

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

IA, the Jeffrey/Wyatt "friendship" is a bunch of BS. And frankly, I don't consider Wyatt smart enough to try and trap Jeff by pretending to return his feelings either. It's a good thing AOC doesn't read the negativity on boards, 'cause then he'd know he sucks.

GAWD, the writing on this show...Veronica's speech to Benny was dramatic but ridiculous, since I don't think I've as much as seen a butterfly tat on him, and he acts as "gansta" as a puppy cowering underneath a bed in a thunderstorm. Then there's Wyatt's convenient "sensitive" piano playing YEARS after "the church took the singing out of me".

It's sad when one of the smartest moves by a character is something totally normal, ie, Wyatt leaving a bitchy message on his wannabe girlfriends' phone.

I don't get Amanda, but there's something weird about the way Jim kept calling her "baby".

I did love Candace's "tell her 9 is the new 1. as in I'll be someone's new 1 asap." Of course, she and Jim will probably be bangin' again next week.

• Members

LOL. But next week, Jeffrey is also seen telling Wyatt "I'M NOT GAY". Who's playing whom? I think they're both coming off silly at this point. Jeffrey knows himself and Wyatt has known about Jeffrey for awhile now as well, but he chooses to engage in this ridiculous dance with Jeffrey.

Edited by Vanguardian

• Members

That Jim and Kathryn scene was a long time coming, lots of history revealed there.

Hanna and Kathryn are always a highlight.

Cuckoo Bananas done gone and hit Wyatt upside the head. I know he was going to end up hurting him. Wyatt played him to the left and it was so obvious, but Cuckoo was so desperate that he couldn't even see it. And Wyatt did know that he was in the bed with him, I figured that he knew.

• Members

OK, so did Wyatt get any of this on tape? Because if he didn't, I have no idea what his ongoing "investigation" into Jeffrey was about. Seems like the only "payoff" Wyatt received was getting his head bashed in and I'm sure that wasn't the payoff he was looking for.

Edited by Vanguardian

• Members

I don't think Wyatt has to have Jeffrey on tape; the threat of going to Veronica is more than enough to get whatever he wants. Veronica already knows---but hearing that Jeff is propositioning his patient/rehab client/whatever the hell Wyatt is to him---will make Jeff's life a living hell.

I want to like the Katherine/Jim showdown---but it was so repetitive and long---Jim must have asked/told/harassed her to go to talk to Amanda 15 times----that it kills the momentum for me. It's great that Katherine knows all about Seline and keeps her employed to make her miserable---but then again, what makes Kat think Jim GAS if his "sin" is staring him in the face every day?

I get that Katherine is so emotionally scarred that she literally doesn't trust her friends or family to GAS about her now that she's sick---but WHAT THE HELL is wrong with these people that neither Jim or Amanda can look at her in her bed all day long and think something's wrong? Not to mention she's missing one or more boobs?

TP really needs an editor. Between Jim harassing Kat about talking to Amanda and Veronica lecturing David on his "graceful" lies, I wanted to puncture my eardrums. Candace could have shown up in more than two scenes if each of those points had been made ONCE and ONLY once.

• Members

Wyatt has NOTHING! LOL. He wanted to run off to tell Jeffrey's very firece mother that her son is gay. If Veronica didn't want to hear those words from her own son, she definitely would not have stood for hearing it from someone else. Either way, Wyatt's threat to tattle on Jeffrey is neutralized by next week because he spills the beans himself. Wyatt loses on all fronts, including the fact that he goes back to using again.

• Members

Wyatt telling V her son is gay is one thing----telling her Jeff propositioned him is another. All Wyatt wants is Jeffrey to keep his horny ass out of Wyatt's personal life. So I say Wyatt wins either way. Jeff is only telling Mommy 'cause Wyatt's forced his hand.

I don't know---it looks like Katherine is on Wyatt's side. That's a win.

I will say TP can sell his show. I hadn't seen the after-show-promo before now. It's too bad he can't live up to his own hype.

• Members

Wyatt can TELL Veronica what he wants but where's the proof? This is why I keep wondering where's the hidden tape? The photos? Something? Does he still have the hidden webcam which quite frankly can be interpreted a number of ways? And Veronica would probably ask Wyatt why it took him so long to tell her or show her the info on Jeffrey. Quite frankly, I'd like to know why it's taken him this long myself.

• Members

Why does Wyatt need to prove Jeffrey made a pass at him? Veronica has already seen Jeffrey being too attached to Wyatt. The entire bracelet episode. The panicked "he's not listening to me" phone call. Veronica knows Jeffrey "is" gay (at least as much as he can express, suiting up in neon-edged prom from the '70's jackets and such). Veronica's not stupid, she'd grill Wyatt and realize he wasn't lying in about 2 seconds.

But you have a point---this would be a much better story if Wyatt realized Jeffrey was gay and simply used it as blackmail to get what he wanted.