Y&R Casting Spoiler

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So that leaves Latino, Asian, or American Indian. When was the last time there was an Asian person on Y&R? Leann and Keemo? The last American Indian actor on the soaps that I vaguely remember was on ATWT. Given the size of the Latino tv audience, you would think that these remaining soaps would establish a Latino family on its canvas. Only one of Y&R's Latino actors is even on contract or I think she is on contract.

I did not even know that Billy had a gambling problem. With any luck, this signals the end of his boring marriage to Victoria.

• Members

Right, I forgot about Eric Steinberg. I liked him a lot. He was very sexy and that wonderful voice.

Seriously, I think that I have tuned out Scott Seymour's version of Billy. I can barely remember him although I must have been watching because I clearly recall watching Colleen's return to GC and Brad's hellish reliquary story.

• Members

I can't for the life of me find that link again but I remember when they did recent on the demos a few years back the largest percentage of the audience was black followed by caucasians and then latinos and asians watched in smaller amounts.

Latinos prefer their own soaps to American soaps. My Guatemalan friend was telling me how she doesn't watch American soaps because they aren't as over the top as the novelas she watches. I was watching her favorite one with her and stuff we'd dub scene chewing/bad acting was the stuff she was cheering for. It's not just as simple as adding latino characters to make them tune in. Because they also have telenovelas on at the same time as Y&R(olds ones but still) it's the writing style.Pretty sure both of the Latinos on this show are reoccuring.

It would be nice to get another Asian character. They are few and far between in soaps and a female investigator is good, Especially considering all the stale females on this show. And can this ethnic woman please not have a valley voice? Damn near every female on this show has one!

I never saw SS's Billy but always read online that he almost ruined Billy.

• Members

Mainstream soaps are fools to give up on the growing Latino market, if the goal is to stay on the air long term. They do not have to win over all Latino viewers just attract a solid small percentage and tap into the younger Latino audience who might be willing to try something new. The soaps should hire recognizable talented Latino actors, establish Latino core families, and advertise in Latino markets when affordable.

Who was the last contract Latino actor on Y&R? David Lago as Raul in 2004? And he won an Emmy too. Back then, I thought they were going to establish his family, but nothing came of that. Has there been another Latino actor on contract since?

• Members

I remember B&B was hyping some telenovela chick's guest appearence that really maounted to like nothing since she was a dayplayer. And I beelive DAYS had Genesis Rodriguez on at one point but I have no idea what her role was. They might check out the soaps if a recognizable name is one it. But they like a different style of soap opera and especially love the oens with a beginning and an end. Though JFP and JG could very easily bring on Carlos Ponce at least for awhile they just worked worked with him. He's a big name.

Archived