Updated: Dancing with the Stars: Season 21

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Brooke Burke's been fired. A couple of weeks ago Harold Wheeler and his band were let go. Sounds like they are trying to revamp the show. Since it's supposed to be coming back next month, I wonder if they already have a co-host in mind. It's kind of short notice.

• Members

Yeah, it's staying at one night. I agree about not really needing a co-host, especially since the changes last season. They don't spend as much time asking the contestants inane questions. And really, Tom can ask them anything when they're standing next to him after they've danced.

• Members

Erin Andrews has such an annoying voice and an overbearing personality. The show keeps getting this spot wrong. And once again it has a casting choice that suggests it is up its own backside.

The show needs new producers, new judges, and to axe a ton of their pros.

Rearranging deck chairs, yet again, is not going to help.

I do think the band was awful though.

• Members

I agree with some of pros going. Mark, Derek, Karina, and multiple time winning pros need to go. They need to allow Valentin, Gleb, Sasha, and Tristan the chance to shine. I agree that a new production team is needed, but I like the judges. Well Bruno at least. Carrie Ann is OK. Len pisses me off, but he's the crotchety judge that's needed. I've always said they need to just add a fourth judge-Paula Abdul, Debbie Allen, or Rosie Perez.

• Members

I read it was to attract a young male audience. I don't get this decision then bc Erin isn't that young and young men aren't going to start tuning in bc some hot blonde is hosting

Personally, ever since they dropped the show to one night, I haven't seen a need for a co-host. Brooke was useful to do extra questioning off the dancefloor as they await the scores but they've cut that and show the scores before they leave. A co-host at this point seems redundant. They need to replace the judges

• Members

If the young guys (and old guys!) aren't tuning in for the half naked dancers already, I don't see that keeping or changing the co-host would make any difference!

Some of the names for the new season have been leaked prior to the announcement tomorrow...Drew Carey, Billy Dee Williams, Diana Nyad, Candace Cameron, Danica McKellar, to name a few.

Archived