Updated: Dancing with the Stars: Season 21

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was fairly certain Nene was going to go back to Tony with an attitude of "you've held me back" and my read on Nene was not in error. The thing is Nene's dance with Derek was neither superior to her dance before that with Tony or the dance after that with Tony. There was really nothing Tony could have learned from Derek. Derek camouflages things very well and gets over-complimented for it.

• Members

If you would have interviewed her in between going to Derek and returning to Tony, the interview would have read "Tony's been holding me back folks." The "I wouldn't change Tony for anybody" declarations is as close as we're going to get from her to an admission of what she was obviously thinking and how wrong she was about it.

• Members

Yeah. I was sort of disappointed she was safe last night but I figured it would be Drew's time. The show is oddly predictable. I totally buy things are controlled behind the scenes. I also wish they'd just reveal the bottom two instead of "you may not be ...". It's just fishy to me, or the audience is finally voting correctly.

• Members

Yep. Neither do I. She has that audience locked. And like I've said, Full House remains quite popular and in the public eye. That certainly helps keep her relevant. I personally like her for the most part and think she's getting a bit of a bad rap. It's not like she's shoving her religion down everyone's throat. And she seems very nice. I'm personally rooting for Danica (as well as Maks and Meryl so Maks can finally get a win so he can stop bitching).

I bet we see James go next week. Everyone's fairly close anyway in terms of how good they are at this point so I think it's going to be a "shock" every week.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
What did I tell you guys? I KNEW she was going to win. I think she was brought on specifically to get Maks a win. Notice that when they won, they focused on him and asked him the question and she just stood there as it faded into the credits? It was never about her. It was like this season he was the star contestant and she was the professional dancer. Im glad for him as he's been there long enough and deserved it.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Meet the new contenders for that coveted mirror ball trophy!

Alfonso Ribeiro and Witney Carson

Lookout for the “Carlton Dance”! Ribeiro, best known for his role as the memorable Carlton Banks on “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” will dance with pro Witney Carson. Ribeiro’s hilarious dance moves on the hit TV series gained a cult following among '90s kids.

Sadie Robertson and Mark Ballas

The 17-year-old appears in A&E’s reality show, “Duck Dynasty,” alongside family patriarch Phil Robertson and the rest of camouflage-wearing clan. The daughter of Duck Commander CEO Willie Robertson will trade duck calls for dancing shoes and sequins, pairing up with pro Mark Ballas this season.

“The [family] thought it was hilarious. We don’t really have that much dancing experience in our family, but it’s going to be really funny to see them there at the shows,” Robertson said on “GMA,” adding that she might be able practice with Uncle Si.

Michael Waltrip and Emma Slater

Waltrip is a two-time winner of the Daytona 500, NASCAR’s crown jewel event. He’s one of only ten multi-time winners, and went on to become a NASCAR broadcaster. Now, he will compete on "DWTS" with Emma Slater.

Lolo Jones and Keo Motsepe

The season would not be complete without an Olympian! Track and Field star, Lolo Jones, follows in the footsteps of Sochi Olympic ice dancing duo, Meryl Davis and Charlie White, Shawn Johnson, Apollo Anton Ono, and more. She’s paired up with newbie pro Keo Motsepe. “It’s a lot of pressure. I’m definitely going to be calling [Meryl Davis] for tips,” Jones said today.

Jonathan Bennett and Allison Holker

Best known as Aaron Samuels in “Mean Girls,” actor Jonathan Bennett will bring his “fetch” dance moves to the ballroom with new pro partner Allison Holker. The American professional dancer, 26, joins the "DWTS" cast this season.

Lea Thompson and Artem Chigvintsev

The actress, best known for her role as the various incarnations of Lorraine McFly in the “Back to the Future” franchise, will partner up with new pro Artem Chigvintsev.

“I started out in New York and Pennsylvania and Minnesota as a ballet dancer, but that was 32 years ago so we’ll see,” Thompson explained of her dancing roots.

Antonio Sabato, Jr. and Cheryl Burke

The “General Hospital” heartthrob and iconic Calvin Klein underwear model, Antonio Sabato Jr., takes to the dance floor with two-time mirrorball champ Cheryl Burke.

Randy Couture and Karina Smirnoff

The six-time World Ultimate Fighting Champion and Hall of Famer, known by his moniker, “Randy ‘The Natural’ Couture,” will battle for the mirrorball trophy with pro Karina Smirnoff. “I think the dance floor is definitely going to be tougher [than the wrestling ring],” Couture said. “I’m enjoying the training and finding some muscles I didn’t know I had.”

Janel Parrish and Val Chmerkovskiy

The “Pretty Little Liars” star, who played “Mona” on the hit ABC Family TV series, will tango with Val Chmerkovskiy.

Tommy Chong and Peta Murgatroyd

The Grammy award-winning comedian, part of the legendary comedy team Cheech & Chong, makes up a new “Dancing” duo now, with pro Peta Murgatroyd.

Bethany Mota and Derek Hough

The YouTube beauty guru and social media trendsetter is paired up with pro dancer Derek Hough, the only five-time champion in the history of "DWTS." “She’s doing great,” Hough said of Mota. “She’s got some sass.”

Betsey Johnson and Tony Dovolani

The celebrated designer, known for her over the top designs, has rocked the fashion world since the 1960s, and will bring her colorful personality and pizazz to the dance floor this season with pro veteran Tony Dovolani.

Tavis Smiley and Sharna Burgess

The celebrated talk show host and best-selling author will tango with pro Sharna Burgess. “I’m about to turn 50 in a few weeks so I figured I’d do one last foolish thing before I turned 50,” Smiley joked on “GMA.”

Alfonso, Antonio and Janel tbh.

Archived