GH: Discussion for the Month of February

• Members

Yes. Because the ratings wouldn't be up if people weren't enjoying the [!@#$%^&*] show because they wouldn't be [!@#$%^&*] watching. When the ratings were hitting all time lows under Guzas reign, everyone was all "IT'S BECAUSE THE STORIES SUCK!!!!" Now that the stories have changed and the ratings are up, the same bitter ass Betty's still try to say nobody is enjoying the stories. Check it.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Remember when one of the dreadful 3 (I can't remember if it was showkiller Guza, cryptkeeper Frons, or bootleg Janet Wood) claimed that no one was interested in seeing the vintage characters that put GH on the map onscreen, using Bobbie Spencer as an example? I do, which is why I'm smugly enjoying the fact that their trifling asses have been proven wrong time and time again with each return that Frank has managed to make happen thus far.

A question that I've yet to get a logical answer to.

• Members

I never said anything about liking Guza. But ratings don't go from all time lows to year long highs because people aren't enjoying the show. You can not enjoy it obviously but saying that people hate the stories and don't enjoy the now is inaccurate. The numbers show that a lot of people are enjoying telhe current stories.

• Members

Pretty sure there have always been people here bitching about the show. That's not a recent development. I guess you notice the bitching more when you're enjoying the show. But this isn't anything new. People were here all the time bitching about the show before FrankenRon showed up too. You have 21,000 posts! Pretty sure you've bitched in a couple of those. LOL.

• Members

I don't think anyone's saying "nobody" enjoys the show. Obviously some people do. The argument keeps getting back to who are they and what stories are they particularly enjoying that has created this ratings you keep trying to own. Did anyone really think ratings wouldn't rise with the approach of the 50th Anniversary and all the returning vets? The same way OLTL's ratings increased as they approached cancellation and brought back all their vets? We will see how things hold after the 50th and depending on how many of those vets remain. Like someone else said, this isn't the first time the show has tried to boost ratings by bringing back the vets, and those attempts failed. So certainly Ron gets credit for bringing them back and using them well. And that's just my opinion.

• Members

I'm confused, why is anyone concerned about how another feels about the show? You guys don't know how to ignore something that might not be to your liking?

I rag on that 2 headed douche all the time, and I'm not worried who does not like it, but if someone is enjoying the show, why do I care?

What is going on? Why are we fighting about this?

• Members

If someone is enjoying the show regardless of if you think the writing is crap, really who gives a f--k? The show is far from perfect but the best it's been in years IMO and yes better than Guza and Wolfe's runs from the last several years. Doesn't mean I think RC is a genius but I do think his show has more heart than it has had in a while and I appreciate the utilization of the shows history and the vets, which admittedly was rough when he took over but I feel he's found a good footing and building up good momentum going into the anniversary. I have no major issues with how any of the vets are being used at the moment and I love that we are seeing them interact with each other and the newer cast as that brings a greater sense of community. I know many haters will disagree and fair enough that's your right, but this is my opinion and I can only go by what I am enjoying. The hell with Guza. He's irrelevant and im not merely enjoying the show bc it's slightly better in comparison

Archived