GH: Discussion for the Month of January

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Backing up a bit...why would Connie be put away? The audience knows she's a freak, but Ms. Conflict Of Interest could make a good case that Connie isn't a danger to society. She was in fear of her life from her husband who just confessed to triple murder. The car accident was just that, an accident.

• Members
I cant even remember hearing much of anything about her parent. They dont seem to exist as far as RC is concerned. They werent mentioned when the issue of having Olivia try to commit her was first presented last year. The show said that Olivia was the next of kin before the Trey reveal, in which he took that place

No one is saying she should be punished for the car accident and it isnt about being put away as in jail. She's mentally ill and thats documented. A family member can make a strong case to force her into treatment. She really should be in Shadybrooke and Im sure Kate would appreciate that, except she isnt free to make decisions for herself. Its quite unsettling having Connie just roam around free knowing she is just a symptom to a mentall illness. She cant have a real relationship with anyone bc anyone that knows about her and gets involved could be guilty of being accusd of rape.

• Members

I thought at the last hearing they made the case that Connie was the real person and Kate was the alter. Therefore she can't be committed. The only reason she was with Johnny was bc as long as she knew she was innocent of killing Cole and Hope and Kate didn't that she could stay out.

That's why I don't understand why Connie is still out now that the truth is known. RC really screwed this sh-t up trying to play fast and loose with who was the alter and who was the real person.

LOL you know I am down for anything Cutter related.

• Members
Connie made that up at her hearing so they wouldnt have her commited. When Alexis started insinuating that it means that she as the real person, Connie can now be held accountable for killing Starr's family, she dropped that real fast. If Kate were actually the alter, why wouldnt Connie say so when she first came out? Why hide for months and only change up the story when she risked going to jail?Hearing Courtney is aive, Sonny tries to get John to locate her, but "Aubrey" has dissappeared and is nowhere to be found. John tels him that the one person who might be able to help him is in jail and Sonny makes a visit to Statesville where he meets Cutter who makes a deal that if he finds a way to get him out of jail, he'll help answer his questions and get him Courtney. Sonny agress and it results in Cutter making his way to PC, where he is free to cause some trouble biggrin.pngit wouldnt be bc Sonny wants his gf. It would be bc her family member (Olivia) has a judge declare her mentaly incompetent bc again her mental illness is documented.

• Members

From what I understand, Kate's parents have been dead for years.

And don't let the idea of Courtney coming back get over to TWOP--over there they hate her so match she is known as SWMNBN---She Who Must Not Be Named. That way, she stays away.

Speaking of which, you guys might find these funny:

http://vulpes82.blogspot.com/2007/11/updated-faqglossary-for-newbies-on-twop.html

http://vulpes82.blogspot.com/2008/04/twop-general-hospital-forum-faq-spring.html

http://vulpes82.blogspot.com/2008/11/twop-general-hospital-forum-faq-update.html

http://vulpes82.blogspot.com/2008/06/twop-general-hospital-forum-faq-summer.html

The last one is the most recent.

• Members

I believe Kate said at least her mother is deceased before the DID story around the time Sonny was having his meltdown in his closet in Bensonhurst, but I think both of her parents are dead.

Regardless, Sonny has totally been neutered as a character. I don't even buy Sonny likes Kate/Connie, let alone loves her enough to put up with this [!@#$%^&*]. He wouldn't tolerate it from Brenda and Carly, the only two women I actually believed he loved. Those two have been declared dead to him over way less offensive things compared to Kate. Sonny needs to get his balls back and get the hell out of town because right now he is a useless, spineless, !@#$%^&*]-wipped shell of a man and there is nothing appealing about that.

• Members

She wasn't that bad of a character. I think the problem was Guza shoving her and Journey down our throats as if she was the next big breakout star. She was fine with AJ, but when they tried to thrust her into a leading role she was a disaster. The whole 'fab four' nonsense was a turn off for most viewers since none of the characters were very likeable at the time. Plus, the Casper pairing was decent, but she came out looking like an ass for cheating with Nikolas. Plus she alienated all those Nem fans with her whoriiness. She truly had no lasting impression on the canvas. I feel like yesterday was the first time she was mentioned in YEARS. Even Sonny and Carly pretend she doesn't exist and Jason certainly hasn't given two shits about her since 2005. Bottom line is I don't really think ALW or Courtney were that bad, but Guza/Frons hard on for her made her so hated.

• Members

Speaking of Sonny, I wonder why they still won't write a prison arc for him. Considering that his presence has been scaled back (considerably), I think that sending him to prison (for whichever past crime Ron chooses to cherry-pick) for a while would actually breath a bit of life into his character.

MB sounds like the kind of guy that'd be game for that storyline and I can't imagine why this show would want to continue that stupid Deke-made-him-too-claustrophobic-to-do-jail-time nonsense at this point. Sonny lovers will enjoy this plot as a challenging/heartbreaking story, while Sonny haters will be thrilled to kingdom come that he's finally where he should've been since day one.

Archived