Kennedy Center Honors Tonight On CBS

reallyhateskateonlost

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought this was a big step up from the previous few years.

The first was Dustin Hoffman, and mostly involved not all that interesting platitudes and attempts to drum up the actor sections (which can often be drab). A lot of bull [!@#$%^&*] on how before Hoffman there were no character actors in leading roles (not true) and no one took risks (not true).

The second was a ballerina; not much of a ballet fan, but I thought this was beautifully done, and probably the best clip package.

I think the one where those involved had the most obvious respect was the Letterman segment - even though some of those involved weren't that funny (Ray Romano), their love for the guy made it work.

The Zeppelin tribute was overall pretty damn good, especially Ann Wilson. Between Robert Plant crying and Debbie Allen rocking out, it will be tough to forget.

I thought the Buddy Guy tribute was almost as good, especially Bonnie Raitt and Tracy Chapman.

• Members

LOL, that shot of Debbie rocking with her hands raised like she was in church was pure gif. I thought the Letterman portion was quite charming. Sometimes they feel the need to have people dance or children sing for an honoree who is not a musician or a dancer, and I'm glad that they didn't do that for Dave. As I sat watching, I thought about how Tina Fey will almost certanly get one of these years down the line.

Archived