GH: Meredith Viera checks in

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Woah, wait, back up. Are you telling me that a well-regarded journalist like Meredith Viera -- of The Today Show fame -- did a guest spot on GH once playing a hooker? blink.png

Under whose blasted pen did that travesty go down?! Oh wait, let me guess: it begins with a G. Either Guza or Garin.

• Members

I am just -- stunned. This must have been when MV was slumming on The View and Frons waved her contract in her face. Wonder if she up and quit not long after.

The Gooze and Frons's misogyny truly floors me. On NBC (a network which periodically shoots itself in the foot), this lady is considered a smart, respected journalist. On ABC, she is forced to play a call-girl on GH for a guest spot. Like, they didn't rate her highly enough to call her a "lady pimp."

• Members

I still like Meredith Viera but I am sure the GH thing was back when ABCD were pimping The View and doing cross promotion. And the View did not become a ratings success until the "bitchy" rivalry with that brainless blond, Hasselhack and Rosie.

I think Meredith has really dropped in recent appearances. She was awful during the Olympic coverage and she was prancing around foolishly on The Today Show yesterday trying to help make Matt Lauer likable. All she did was make herself sadly look ridiculous and Lauer still looks like a pompous douchebag. She has an advantage here that she's working with Lynn Herring and not the Walking Dead cast members.

• Members

I missed this whole "Meredith is my madam" SL back on GH so I can't remember if it was fun and tongue in cheek and all. Just reading that she played a call girl (see first post on this thread) surprised me because (a ) MV does not give off that kind of vibe and (b ) prostitution is a demeaning job for a woman to do. I know soaps have often had call girls as characters (Jess Walton's Kelly on Capitol comes to mind) but I still get a little, uh, taken aback when it's bandied around on a TV show with such... lightness.

And I would tend to agree that MV did herself no favors covering the Olympics in such an unresearched and hopeless way. She ended up sounding majorly stupid and doing her audience a disservice by transmitting a load of crap about Britain. And having to prop up Lauer's pompous ass every day is possibly not that much better than sitting between Star Jones and Barbara Walters. But once upon a time, she was considered professional, competent and smart.

Archived