Mark Pinter joins Y&R

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

With this latest role Pinter is getting up there as one of the male actors with the most soap roles,joining the likes of Nic Coster, Keith Charles, Conard Fowkes and Byron Sanders.

His tally thus far

Love of Life - Tom Crawford

Guiding Light - Mark Evans and later Brad Green

As The World Turns - Brian McColl

Loving - Dan Hollister

Another World - Grant Harrison

All My Children - Roger Smythe

General Hospital - Thomas Rayner

In addition he was on nightime soaps Behind The Screen (Karl Madison) and Secrets of Midland Heights (Calvin Richardson) as well as the pilot Peyton Place 79.

interestingly,on his website,his resume ignores all of these soap roles.Only primetime gigs are listed.

His bio mentions AW and AMC.

• Members

Which is one reason why I haven't much to say about this particular actor, or really any actor who tries to pretend his/her daytime career was nonexistent. If Julianne Moore has no problem discussing her work on AS THE WORLD TURNS, then what's their problem?

• Members

THIS.

I only ever saw Pinter as Grant Harrison on AW and I didn't like him as Grant. I thought he was a blowhard, and mustache-twirling villain of the Overacting School. Much preferred Dack Rambo's Grant.

As for JFP, I am still not clicking with her production of Y&R. There are glitches with the music (supposedly Jill's strong point) and the feel. It comes across as cold to me and not Y&Resque. I just had to mention it because MP's arrival is going to reinforce that feeling to a small extent.

• Members

The music is just horrific. B&B has managed to blend pop music (a song here and there) with their classic score and it works, but Y&R its just a mess. I also think the way she'd having the show directed is making the older sets look small and cheap. The Abbott and Chancellor mansions look terrible. Jabot doesn't look as lush as it did before either and it just got renovated last year.

• Members

LOL, obvs our bitchin' and moanin' belongs on another thread but I totally agree with you. I also find the lighting makes some of the actors look kind of harsh. And if there is one thng Y&R was once known for, is its forgiving, cinematic lighting and attractive production.

Archived