K-Pop Appeciation Thread

• Members

Absolutely! I love the way they touch each other & hug all the time lol

Yes, my timing is very good, apparently. LOL

OK, that's it, pack your bags and we're going to Japan!

Edited by YRBB

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This was published on my Tumblr feed and literally made me LOL.

EXO -- when they were kids (literally) starting out:

tumblr_n6ch2wSvlX1ql3bxeo2_250.gif

Happy dancing. Chanyeol slaps D.O.'s ass.

D.O.: The !@#$%^&*], man?

tumblr_n6ch2wSvlX1ql3bxeo1_250.gif

Quickly back to happy dancing.

tumblr_n6ch2wSvlX1ql3bxeo3_500.gif

Chanyeol smacks D.O.'s ass again.

D.O.: I'M GONNA FUCKIN KILL YOU.

OMG at Twinkletoes dancing over to break things up.

• Members

Thanks for that link!

I am really excited for Monday and the release of Rise. In fact, with work being so depressing at the moment, it is literally the only thing I am looking forward to on Monday. I really hope the teaser wasn't lying and that the Tears for Fears sample features in it because I love that song.

Great live performance by Taeyang in Japan.

ETA: ugh, hate posting from my phone!

Edited by Cat

• Members

Your post ^^ made me look back at my previous post about Chanyeol smacking D.O.'s ass, and I now realize (judging by Chen's T-shirt as he runs over at the end) that the tumblr gifs was not from EXO's early days but rather last week's Seoul concert! Which puts Chanyeol's comment about D.O. being the most handsome (in your post) in the context of "Sorry for hitting your ass. In public. While you were singing and dancing." LOL! Grovel, Chanyeol!

Man, I forget how incredibly young these kids are, and then you see shots like this and realize they are only babies still! D.O. and Luhan still look about 15. And your clips of Suho watching himself from two years ago -- agewise, I can't tell the difference between Suho then and now, apart from the hair which makes him look very angelic.

"hello I am exo's guardian angel, leader suho!" laugh.pngembarrassment level: 100% laugh.pnglaugh.png Also saw Lay referred to as "healing angel Lay." WTF. I mean, I like Lay and all but perhaps they need to retire this 'exo superpowers' concept.

It is hot. Look at that pout/snarl!

So, did I get the wrong day? I have been looking for the release of Rise but maybe it is just available as a download only. If anyone has an idea of where I can find it, let me know. smile.png

Edited by Cat

• Members

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NgHScpW5YdQ

I got it wrong. The crying was actually from last year. I looked it up. Man that was rough. I cant beleive no one stepped in to save him by taking the mic and speaking! Poor Suho. Apparently he also cried on the red carpet and there's clips of Tao and Kai also crying. These boys are emotional...lol

As far as looks go, I think Chanyeol and Sehun have changed the most. Sehun has gone through a late growth spurt and looks noticeably older than the Mama days

I looked last night and it wasnt up, nor was it up this morning. It BETTER not be delayed again. I think I read this morning that it might actually be 6/3/14 so we will have to wait just a little bit longer

btw, GREAT interview here:

http://noonchi.us/article/show/taeyang-rise-interview

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

I guess we assume that people in Asian have an iron grip on their emotions. But they just express them in different ways and contexts. And Koreans do show sadness and happiness more readily than, say, the Japanese. In EXO's case, at moments of high tension, they really let lose. Suho and Tao have all sobbed in public, and when Kris left, Suho and Tao were also the ones who went on Twitter or Instagram to express their feelings of sadness or betrayal (now, whether SM Entertainment pushed them to do that, I don't know, but it does illustrate who the two most emotional members are!).

The crying jags may also be because SM work those poor kids to the bone and have done since their pre-debut days. Have you seen Luhan's legs and arms?! He looks like an Olympic gymnast. They train them constantly and as a result there often seem to be a lot of dance-related injuries. Many EXO members have sad eyes at times. It's no coincidence that Kris left -- he realized that Korean idol life -- and the price to pay for it -- was too high.

Yeah, definitely. Remember my crazy Tao-Sehun post?! It was more or less in chronological order. The change in Sehun's baby face and height from early 2013 to the most recent shot of Tao hugging Sehun from behind (which was 2014, I think) is very noticeable. And I remember Chanyeol with his little face and ears in the early vids, lol. Now he looks so tall.

• Members

The first thing I did this morning was turn on my phone and look to see if it had been released. The Rise poster you posted said it would by 6/2/2014 but maybe it's just on i-tunes or something. "Offline release" on 6/10/2014, sigh.

That really was an excellent interview (on a good website, too). I wonder if it was conducted in English? Taeyang was really honest about saying what he liked and didn't like in terms of his music, and even about difficulties within Big Bang. I hope Rise is a big hit for him. I would LOVE it if he released a mixtape of his all favorite stuff! For free!

Edited by Cat

• Members

ITS OUT

tumblr_n6jsh8t05S1r8ul7no1_250.giftumblr_n6jsh8t05S1r8ul7no2_250.gif
tumblr_n6jsh8t05S1r8ul7no3_r1_250.giftumblr_n6jsh8t05S1r8ul7no4_r2_250.gif
tumblr_n6jsh8t05S1r8ul7no6_r2_250.giftumblr_n6jsh8t05S1r8ul7no5_r2_250.gif

Im not instantly in love with the song but I can see it growing on me. Great video though

tumblr_n6jmgmDqp81qhyoglo2_500.gif

tumblr_n6jsnzQvqK1s4jxa9o2_500.gif

That shot is my favorite.

I will be spending the next day listening to the songs. FINALLY 1AM is released. I loved the live renditions he has done