Y&R Casting Hispanic Role

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What happened to the new black male they were casting? That seems forgotten. And for all the initial talk of boosting the African-Americna base prior to introducing a hispanic family, they haven't made any progress. They never use Sarge, Harmony is on the way out, there is no talk of a Devon storyline either. That leaves just Lily and Neil isolated by themselves.

• Members

Sarge mentioned his "dead" brother to Jack the other day, which in soap parlance screamed, "He's not really dead!" I automatically assumed he was the new black male character they were auditioning for (i.e., the scenes with Lily at Jabot).

• Members

I'm sure the mess with CK pushed the character back. She was bragging on twitter about long overdue story coming up for herself so he may be appearing soon enough. As for Devon he's a music producer so if new hispanic girl is a singer than he'll be involved in her storyline. And I think I read Neil is supposed to be involved in an up and coming business storyline.

• Members

She just played an 18 year old on her way to becoming The Popstar so a 20 year old isn't far out of the realm.

If they're raiding from their summer sensation then her other option would be Ashley Holliday. If either is picked then the movement for a second season loses air and Eddie/Loren fans will be devastated but maybe not since they are certain it's going to happen no matter what. Either ending up on the show and opposite Noah would create quite the dynamic--especially AH. You;d have girlfriend on that show turned sister on this and sister on that show turned girlfriend on this.

So you don't care for Brittany Underwood?

Archived