DRW50

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The parts that got me were the photo of Amy and Rory with the baby, and then the look on Brian's face when he realizes the man in front of him is his grandson. In some ways I think this was actually better not being filmed, as the storyboards and Darvill's voiceover are very moving. I'm also glad we got some closure for Rory and his story, which we didn't get in the episode. The River issue is still sort of unresolved but other than that I feel like we can say goodbye now, which I needed to do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm somewhat surprised River will be back...I wonder if this will be the last time. If she meets Clara, and Clara is Oswin (I'm hoping she's not, and is just a relative), the Doctor will be in some sort of meta angst hell, since he first met both when they died.

If you haven't seen it yet you should check out the last DWM companion to the Sarah Jane Adventures. They go into some details about the stories that were never told, have an unpublished interview with Lis Sladen from 1993, and talk a little about story ideas that were considered when they knew she was sick but hoped she might be able to do a voiceover or a short appearance (one they had decided on was an animated special, set in DC, with Alan and Maria Jackson appearing).

Children in Need will have a Who prequel this year.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2012/10/27/doctor-who-christmas-special-prequel-for-children-in-need/

• Members

I'm not surprised River is back. I figured she would be around at least until shortly before Smith and Moffat left, whenever that may be. Matt is signed through at least 2014, I believe, and I think it's confirmed he is doing Series 8, though I don't know whether that airs in fall 2013 or early '14. They never gave her a goodbye in TATM, so I knew she'd be around. Lots left to do.

I would cry if they did another tie-in with the SJA kids sometime during the anniversary. Have Luke, Clyde and Maria (or Rani, or whoever that little girl was they added in the last series I haven't watched) pop up to help the Doctor.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I just took that scene where she says she's a professor now as sort of a goodbye, although I do think there is still material left to mine (especially if they get away from her talking about being too old and damaged and so on). Matt Smith and Alex Kingston have such fantastic chemistry together. From the first scene they had when she flew into the TARDIS (which was one of the first scenes he filmed), they've had chemistry.

Could you believe that at a bookstore yesterday I saw a display of Doctor Who keychains, shirts, games, mini-action figures, mugs, magnets, talking plushies, toys, etc. etc. I never imagined I'd see something like that in the US. Perhaps they have before and I've just missed it. I knew the show was BBC America's biggest show but I'd never seen marketing like that - usually all I see is the magazine on the rack and a few DVDs for sale in the DVD section.

Edited by CarlD2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Yay, new console room! Apparently this was because they moved the set. I liked the old one but it will always remind me of Rory and Amy so I'm happy for a new start. I loved when Tom Baker had two console rooms. I just wish this meant that Matt Smith was staying for a good while longer.

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/sneak-peak-new-tardis.html