• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Having watched the first 2 episodes of the new series, it is definitely ‘sunshine and light’ to the ‘darkness and seriousness’ of Chibnall-Whittaker and co.

The recognition and deference to Disney is very obvious, with a focus on the younger viewer and musical interludes.

If I can enjoy it then great, but I don’t feel I’m who the show is aimed at. 

Gatwa and Gibson were very well together and the former’s charisma is off the scale.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2024/jun/04/william-russell-obituary

The first Doctor Who lineup set the template for much of the best of later years. William was such an integral part of that. I loved his relationship with Barbara, which had a great deal of depth even while remaining understated. He could do anything - comedy, high drama, action. Ian will always be one of my favorite companions. I'm glad he had such a long, rewarding career, and that he managed to return for the 60th anniversary.

• Members

That's kind, but you don't have to stifle talking about an ongoing series because of me or anyone else. This thread is for all-purpose use and there's no need for spoiler tags or anything else. Just post away.