Richard Dawson Dies at 79

applcin

• Members

That's a good point.

I always preferred Ray Combs on Family Feud. I haven't watched since he went, aside from one or two episodes for American Idol long ago. I think that wacky sidekick from Home Improvement was hosting at the time, with a hideous set.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You mean Richard Karn? See, at one time, he might have been good for FF. But that is what happens when one becomes mildly successful as sitcom sidekick, I guess. The Richard Karn who ultimately hosted FF for awhile was a far cry from the down-to-earth Rick Karn who was grateful just to be working on any show, let alone HI; and as such, he always gave off this aura of someone who had only his paycheck on his mind.

• Members

Oh, God. Louie Anderson. Never should a man with a disposition as off-putting and unpleasant as his host a game show.

On the other hand, I'd take him over John O'Hurley, who was, and is, every game show host cliche come frighteningly to life.

• Members

I did like LA's interview on the show's E! THS. I always have.

I agree about Richard rooting for the contestants. He always seemed to care. I think that's one of the few things FF producer Howard Felsher praised him on--he argued with him constantly otherwise, to the point where Richard had him thrown off the set. But it may have been that both of them just argued so much because they both cared about the show, even if they went about trying to run it in different ways.

In case any of you haven't noticed by now, I'm quite a huge game show/MG/FF/RD fan smile.png .

• Members

Did anybody catch the night long tribute mararthon on GSN last night? It even have an episode of the 1994-1995 FF he hosted. The imfamous September episode also aired then.

I remember him as Newkirk on Hogan's Heros reruns. I loved him on Match Game. I also liked that Family Guy insisted on doing Richard Dawson hosting Family Feud when the Griffin's were on the show (it was a funny clip.) It shows that people still has respect for his rendition of the show. They could have easilly done Steve Harvey but they picked Richard.

RIP Dawson.

On another note: I didn't like Richard Karn as host. He seemed like he was trying too hard to be funny.

• Members

I might be throwing around the word infamous incorrectly so excuse me for that.

A contestant was asked at the fast money round "what month is a pregnant women most likely to start showing?" the woman answers "September." It makes Richard start laughing and they had to stop the clock a few times even when her family member was asked the questions. Richard couldn't get through the first question (the same question he asked her family member) without laughing and saying "September." It was very funny. I am sure a clip of it is on youtube. I will look for it and post it if I find it.

http://youtu.be/J05Dzd_8OjE

Archived