DAYS: Auditions have begun to recast character

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think people think of Brady Black when Eric Brady is mentioned because Brady (and for that matter, Eric Martsolf the actor) is the age that Eric should be. When the time comes that Eric is recast, he'll be either the same age or even slightly younger than Brady/Martsolf, which is jarring. But then there's the whole EJ-born-in-1997 factor and all history logic goes out the window...

• Members

I'm real nostalgic about the Eric character, because the Lucas/Nicole/Eric/Greta rectangle was in full swing when I started watching. I think it's insane he's been missing from the continuing canvas for over ten years now. However, and maybe it's because I started watching when she was Nicole ROBERTS, I don't think Eric/Nicole were a good couple. Eric left the show in disgrace after cheating on poor, sweet Greta with Nicole and clocking Roman in the face. Then he had that cameo phone call where Nicole was, like, "[!@#$%^&*], sorry, Eric. I've moved on from leaving Lucas for you because, actually, I wanna f my way into his stepfather's bank account. Peace."

I love Nicole, and think she's found redemption in characters like Austin and Brady, but I don't think E/N should ever, ever be revisited.

And IA that Brady has essentially taken Eric's role, especially post-Martsolf. I like him in the part, even though the character's pretty different from Lowder's. I still firmly believe that Brady/Nicole should be endgame after both rounds of Dena Higley.

• Members

I guess it's another one of those cases where the actor in the role affects how the character should be paired (i.e. RKK's Bo with LR's Billie; PR's Bo with Hope), cuz if Brady were still played by Kyle Lowder then I'd say his endgame would be Chloe. Of course, I'm guessing that won't be the case ever again.

• Members

I remember like a few years ago during the whole EJ kidnaps Sydney thing, Brady referred to Sami as his little sister lol so I guess Eric will be younger than Brady even though he and Sami were born 10 years before him.

Archived