Lifetime: Devious Maids

Cheap21

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really hate the way she always plays the victim, even as she's doing really stupid and inappropriate things. It's like she doesn't understand proper boundaries. She's not with Spence, but she doesn't want her unemployed friend to have a job working for him because something MIGHT happen? That's bad enough but what she does in tonight's episode makes me irrationally angry, and the worst part is that she's probably going to play the victim and cry about how she was just trying to help.

• Members

Well, Reggie is apparently up to no good, and of course neither is Ethan. That bothers me, simply because I don't like it to be that cut and dry: Valentina MUST be with Remy because he's the only "good" option - the other guy is a criminal and a jerk and she just doesn't realize it yet. Ditto Rosie dating Reggie - there's apparently no real contest here because he's up to no good and Spence is the "good" guy despite screwing around on his wife, leading Rosie on, and refusing to do anything to bring her son to the US until Peri forced the issue.

Sigh.

I hope they don't make Zoila's new beau Javier a jerk too. He seems infinitely better than Pablo the cheating jerk. I also adored Genevieve - "You were married for 22 years. You forgot that people have sex."

• Members

I don't understand why Marisol is so invested in this Dahlia/Opal stuff. She's just annoying and should pick up a hobby. This is boring, and I hope Ethan's Robin Hood gang shoot them all and then bounce to Rhode Island.

• Members

Oh my God, Joanna Adler is on this show?? I worked with her years ago in New York. She is... a trip. This is my first episode. We didn't have Lifetime when the show first started but when I saw that it was coming on after Petals on the Wind, I figured I'd just go ahead and dive on in. Oh Miss Lucci...

• Members

SFK, if you're willing to pay for the episodes, you can view them via amazon.com. :) I don't have cable anymore, so I have to wait until Monday to watch it on hulu or mylifetime.com, but they lock all but the most recent episode, so if I get behind I catch up on amazon.

• Members

Did anyone watch the latest episode?

I'm kind of frustrated by the lack of plausible triangles on this show. They've attempted to build one with Remy/Valentina/Ethan and with Spence/Rosie/Reggie, but in both cases the audience knows that Ethan and Reggie are jerks and that Ethan at least is also a criminal. I feel like we're being told "You must like X & Y together because there are no options," and I really hate that.

I also feel that being a soap fan is affecting my ability to enjoy this show because there are all these scenes and holes I want filled in that Marc Cherry left wide open. For example: Remy's father murdered the woman who claimed to be pregnant with Remy's baby, and then Philippe was killed. What did Remy think about his father's death? Did he and Valentina talk about it? Does Valentina know about Remy's history with Flora? Philippe hadn't remarried Genevieve when he died, but he'd presumably changed his will if she inherited everything? Or is the money all Remy's? Does Genevieve know about Flora? Does she believe that he killed her? Are Zoila and Pablo still married? Are they going through a divorce? It's apparently been a few months, and Zoila is moving on with a hot new man, but a word or two about her marriage would be nice. Where the heck is Marisol's son, Eddie? The whole first season was her trying to get him out of jail, but the only mention of him now is the book she writing and that he was framed for murder (and Marisol conveniently left out that he sold drugs). Is Eddie in jail for the drug issue? Surely he has an opinion on his mother marrying Nick. Where is Peri? She left Spence and is suing for custody of Tucker, but why isn't she on the show? Is she ever going to pay for running over that guy last season? I guess we might see her again as the season goes on, but with Alejandro dead, I guess we'll never see Odessa again, which is a shame. I would have really liked to see Carmen and Alejandro's relationship develop further before he was killed off. Is Sam gone for good? Alejandro's death would have been a nice time to bring him back. Is anyone ever going to find out that Evelyn and Adrian killed Philippe?

I like the show, and I enjoy every episode, but I feel like it's missing a lot.

• Members

The show hit a season high this week with 2.1 million viewers I was getting scared the ratings wouldn't go up.

I agree with you on the triangles. I actually like Ethan over Remy but I know how that will end.

Right now I am most intrigued with Carmen's story.

What happened to Odessa after Alejandro died?

Archived