Andrew Breitbard Is Dead

VirginiaHamilton

• Members

I strongly disagree.

After spending over 15 years using the media as a tool to spread his bigoted brand of vitriol, he is simply getting it back in spades.

If some are worried that their demises will be received the same way, then they ought to take a hard look at themselves and reevaluate whether the hate speech and hateful behavior that they put out there is worth it in the end.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had to Google this Andrew Breitbard character, fortunately his brand of bollocks never made its way to London, Vancouver or even Los Angeles, apparently.

He sounds like a person who was filled with anger and hate. That isn't ever good for someone with heart problems.

• Members

While Kennedy was the biggest piece of s#it in modern political history, there was no excuse for Brietbart to show such vitriol to the late senator so soon after his death. (If somebody whom you hate dies, the classy thing to do is to stay silent for a while, and then--a few months later--go about criticizing that person. I would never advocate for somebody to say great things about that person, because that would be totally insincere.)

I fully expected Hannity to give a gushing tribute to Brietbart last night. What shocked me, however, is that liberal darling Arianna Huffington appeared on Piers Morgan's show to talk about what a wonderful man he was. I wonder how folks here feel about Huffington now that she did that.

• Members

I'm perplexed at the idea of Arianna Huffington being a "liberal darling." She was a strong Republican voice for many years, only leaving the party about ten or so years ago. She has since had a website which goes anywhere the wind blows, mostly in a tabloid manner, and recently merged with AOL, not exactly known for a hogwild liberal worldview.

• Members

*Takes off soap junkie hat and puts on political junkie hat*

He was a conservative commentator who had a website called BigGovernment.com, and he was known to say some particularly outrageous things (putting it mildly). He in particularly sparked controversy with this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resignation_of_Shirley_Sherrod

I took issue with a lot of what he said given I'm a pretty liberal Democrat, but I still have sympathy for his family.

Oddly enough, as someone mentioned earlier, Alley Mills was in fact his stepmother-in-law, as he was married to the daugther of her husband, comedian Orson Bean.

Archived