Andrew Breitbard Is Dead

VirginiaHamilton

• Members

Good riddance to bad rubbish:

original.png

Andrew Breitbart Is Dead (UPDATE)

Right wing web provacateur Andrew Breitbart is dead. His own sites, Big Journalism and Big Government and Big Hollywood, are all carrying a statement from Breitbart.com president Larry Solov saying that "Andrew passed away unexpectedly from natural causes shortly after midnight this morning in Los Angeles."

Breitbart was 43 years old. His last tweet came just seven hours ago.

Joel Pollak, Editor in Chief and in-house counsel at Breitbart.com, tells us, "It's real, nothing further at this time."

Update: ABC producer Katie Bosland says on Twitter: "LA Coroner's Office has confirmed to @ABC that Andrew Breitbart passed away last night at UCLA Medical Center." The New York Times has also confirmed his death.

Michelle Malkin on his death:

I saw Andrew a few weeks ago in Michigan at an Americans for Prosperity event and spent time catching up with him on a plane ride back West. We talked about the renewed vigor with which the conservative movement was fighting back against Alinskyite tactics - especially the race card.

Update: According to Fox News while walking around Midnight last night. He had longstanding heart problems.

Santorum on Breitbart: "What a huge loss...might be for our country and certainly for the conservative movement.

http://gawker.com/58...-breitbart-dead

ETA: Just realized that I made a typo in the title. Should a mod pass by this thread, would you mind correcting it for me? Thank you very much.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Breitbard was a piece of s#it, but to celebrate his untimely death at this early stage is really sick. What Edward Kennedy did was far worse than Brietbard's actions, but I can only imagine how you would have felt if somebody on the right-wing fringe was jumping for joy the day he died.

• Members

We don't know how VirginiaHamilton would react to a comment about Ted Kennedy. Many people did not give a hoot about the man.

As for Breitbart, the Shirley Sherrod stuff was really offensive. I think that would sink many careers. That he is being lauded instead is indicitave of our culture today.

• Members

Not as offensive as leaving somebody to drown in a car and waiting until the next morning to report the accident. And Kennedy is a hero to a lot more liberals than Brietbard is to conservatives.

• Members

While I would like to be as classy as Media Matters has been on this, stating only that their thoughts and prayers are with Breitbart's family (would we get a similar reaction from the big conservative blogs if Keith Olbermann or Bill Maher or Michael Moore -- although IMO all three are false equivalencies to Breibart -- died?), I have to be honest and say I'm in the "good riddance" place too.

Seeing CNN today describe him as a "Rebel with a Cause"...what!? And then they showed him "standing up to" Occupy protesters, cutting away (of course!) just before he started screaming like a lunatic about rape. And how the heck did Breitbart even get a job on CNN as a commentator after the whole Shirley Sherrod episode!? I'm going to vomit if Piers Morgan devotes his entire show to that vile scumbag tonight.

• Members

Kennedy has nothing to do with it, Breitbart was just a very angry, ugly person who took politics too seriously and was bent on destroying those who voiced unfavorable opinions, very knowingly and without reservation. Ted Kennedy did the wrong thing after, but he didn't set out to deliberately drive the car off the bridge. I think Kennedy was more attacked for that over partisan reasons than any actual sense of right or wrong.

• Members

Whenever he appeared on TV, I always cringed not only because of his vile politics and his rather ludicrous way of attacking everything that he considered liberal, elitist, etc, but also because he so obviously was dealing with some kind of substance abuse problem. Quite often he looked homeless with the stubble, the wrinkled shirts and his unkempt hair, but he also slurred his words a lot, seemed unfocused and disoriented frequently. Anyways no one should have to die so young.

Also, Alley Mills (Pam B&B is his stepmother.

Archived