OLTL Final Cast Photo??????

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love that idea! I wish the AMC people had placed some table top photos in clear view of their veteran actors who passed while serving in their roles: Kay Campbell, Hugh Franklin, Frances Heflin, Ruth Warrick, Eileen Herlie, James Mitchell, and Mary Fickett.

At the end of the day I am still resentful at how much the AMC cast photo sucks. The layout is weird with all these disconnected clusters and gaps between people. Ray MacDonnell is relegated to the background, rather than being feature prominently as one of the last original cast members. Also, instead of picking up some classy furniture to go with the Kane Penthouse set, they litter the scene with random white boxes.

The OLTL photo looks like a family photo, as if everyone gathered in the living room after a nice Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone is close together in their family/friend groups.

I wonder if there was a double meaning in placing Rebecca Budig on a "pedestal."

• Members

I like how everyone is spaced out actually and I like the character placements for the most part (at least in the "secondary" versions of the photo, not the for sale one) but I don't like them using the entire breadth of the set. People like Randi and Liza look bigger and more prominent than Joe, Ryan and the others in the back. Just looks hokey. And the fact that the wide angle lens created a stretched effect toward the edges.

• Members

It looks like Natalie is wearing the same dress from her Mitch Laurence abduction.

I am anxious to see how this final product turns out. I hope there is not any crazy photoshopping like the ATWT and GL final photos. If you don't show up for the final photo, you just do not deserve to be in the shot.

Archived