Y&R: Discussion for the Month of December

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And thus ends possibly Sharon's strange year of 2011. Seriously the writing for Sharon has been so strange and bad. We started off with her on the volcano trying to prove Adam's innocence for killing Skye then was inexplicably accursed of Skye's murder herself, tried and found guilty of it. Then she escaped and was presumed dead. She lived on a farm with Sam and fell in love with him until she was discovered. Then she sat around in jail doing nothing for three months until she was freed. Now here she is still clingy to Adam and accepting Victor's proposal. MY god as I said she should have left with Sam last month for good.

• Members

Loved the look on Nikki's face - that was worth it. Can't wait until Monday - too bad Nik isn't drunk so she can rip on Sharon by adding the father to the two brothers. BTW - I guess Victor really doesn't care about EITHER of his sons - no way a father would do this to his "favorite" son. Thank goodness Victor didn't go there with conjugal visits. I was half expecting him to go there. Oh and the rationale that Sharon would protect "[Victor's] interests on the outside." Sharon? Really?

• Members

It's all so pointless - what can they even do with Adam? The show likes to have these "moments," and actual storytelling is meaningless. People talk about Adam looking sad, or Adam having a belt buckle - they rarely talk about any actual purpose for the character.

• Members

The show could send him to therapy & have him actually work through his issues.

But Maria & Hogan don't care about actual characters.

They just write whatever they want & force it on the characters no matter how out of character it is (Victoria & Nick barely being there for Nikki, Victor letting Delia suffer, Jill constantly falling for criminals, Neil marrying his brother's wife).

Archived