Have you met a famous person?

beachbum

• Members

Oh, what did she say? I'd like to hear more about this!

Well, I've not met many... but i've mentioned before that Martha Reeves is a friend of mine. My best friend is her fan club manager, so I got to know her that way. So anytime she's in my area, I always go to sound check and then spend the afternoon with her. One time, we were riding in the limo, and she took her check out of the envelope (the check for the gig) and was looking it over, getting ready to put it in her purse, and the wind caught it and sucked it out the window. So we yelled for the limo driver to stop, and we both got out to retrieve it... we managed to get it, but when I was younger, I never imagined I'd ever be chasing a check down the street with a Motown star LOL!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was at a bar in the Meatpacking District in Manhattan, and I was ordering a drink with my friend. Carrie and her now husband came up to the bar as well right next to us. When the fan came up and gushed over her (which wasn't too much, she was just in awe), Carrie rolled her eyes, told her that she wasn't in the mood to deal with "you fans" and pushed by her with her man in tow. He looked pretty embarrassed and flashed an awkward "I'm sorry" smile to the fan, and I thought the girl was going to cry. I felt so bad.

I always had a feeling that she wasn't very nice, but that night I got a front row seat to her diva behavior.

• Members

It was horrible. She was without a doubt the worst person I waited on. Ordering whatever in the party of four, ok. Then they take the check and sit there for another hour chirping away, Then I finally come to take the money after them declining to pay all that time and she now first insists they want separate checks. Who even remembered what they ordered? I had ten other tables since they last ate and all the bill I have shows what food was ordered not who ordered what. Then the bitchery started. I wanted to say to her "look you bitch, why don't you just divide the check four ways instead of all being cheap [!@#$%^&*] giving me a hard time an hour after you finished eating and 3 hours after you placed the order. Does it make you feel good to torture 20 year olds? And if you want separate checks why didn't you tell me in the first place?"

She was so nasty about it, I brought back four checks with my best guess who ordered what and the condescending evil attitude "No, I didn't order this, she did." Over and over again. Just a nasty attitude where they actually practically refused to help me reconstruct the order person by person so they could continue their evil ways.

• Members

Ugh, that sounds awful! I pride myself in being extremely kind to waitstaff, frankly, even when they have a bit of 'tude. I'd rather "punish" them by tip than offend someone who has an up-close and personal relationship with my food from kitchen to table.

It's funny, you may remember another poster at WoST who added an interview he did with Candey and Robin Strasser. He shared that RS was the real wench in that situation, complaining that the interview went on for too long, or whatever, and it was CE who played nice, practically apologizing for her comrade's behavior.

• Members

Given his huge interest in politics, I'm surprised that Qfan has never seen a politician give a speech (regardless of whether he actually met that politician).

She has always seemed like one to me. I honestly cannot explain her popularity, given that she has such little talent.

This is a great story, Alphanguy. Unfortunately (as I am sure you know), she and the Vandellas never had a #1 hit, even though "Heat Wave" (#4 in 1963), "Dancing in the Street" (#2 in 1964), and "Jimmy Mack" (#10 in 1967) all deserved that distinction.

• Members

You dated Singer? :o I met much of the cast of X2--because I was an extra (some of the Mutant School or whatever scenes were shot at Hatley Castle here on Vancouver Island), but that doesn't really count. Ian McKellan was very nice and the only one I had a brief chat with, though everyone involved seemed on good behaviour.

How awful! I think this is why I'd rather not meet some of my fave actors and celebs--just to not have a bad experience colour my view, lol.

I did meet and have a brief chat with one of my idols Stephen Sondheim (who I exchanged some, now I realize ridiculously gushy, fan letters with when I was a young teen--and he actually seemed to kinda remember)--who was great, but I'm sure that's not really a celeb by these standards.

• Members

Haha! Nah, he is a great guy. I just got too old for him :lol:

He did have this uber creepy friend who always seemed to enjoy walking around naked though, especially when I was by myself laying near the pool. He was about 55, obese with red hairy body hair. I threatened to kick him in the nuts if he ever touched me. :)

• Members

Shawn, thank you for telling us about Carrie Underwood. I have never liked her because she always comes across as so fake to me. It's nice to know my instincts were right.

I've met a few celebs in my time. I grew up in Augusta Georgia, which was not only the home of James Brown, who I met more than once thru the years, but also the home of the Masters Golf Tournament. Lots of celebs come into town that week so I've had casual, "Hi how are you" encounters with a few over time. The one that stands out is Ernest Borgnine. I was probably in my early 20s. And he was one of the sweetest people on earth. He was actually shocked that I knew who he was. LOL.

As for soap stars, I went to Super Soap Weekend in Orlando one year, but I spent the entire two days staring at Brian Gaskill. laugh.png Not in a stalkery way, just from afar. I met Brian that weekend, of course and I've seen him another couple of times, including working at his only fan event he ever had in LA right after PC was canceled.

I also attended the Y&R event in 2007 where I met Joshua Morrow, Michelle Stafford, Peter Bergman, Vail Bloom and a few others.

Lastly, I went to Kings Dominion where some of the ATWT and GL stars were appearing one weekend and met Kim Zimmer (who was a RIOT!! tongue.png), Tom Pelphrey and Robert Newman (who may be the most gorgeous man I've ever laid eyes on.)

I've been fortunate that all the soap folks I've met have been really friendly, or pretending to be anyway. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've met everyone from the Y&R and B&B 2004 casts. I've met a lot of DAYS actors, I'd really have to think and list them all. Plus a handful of Passions, AMC, OLTL, and GH actors. Plus about 9 actors from GL from the Kings Dominion thing in 2005.

When I lived in L.A. for a semester, the only stars I met outside of the CBS studio itself was other soap stars! Alexis Thorpe (ex-Cassie, DAYS) eating with friends at the Beverly Center Mall (I had already met her at a previous DAYS event) and Cynthia Watros (ex-Annie, GL) at a Starbucks. OMG, LOVED! I so wish I had had a camera phone back then! :)

• Members

Where do I begin? LOL!

I have met so many soap actors i really can not list them. Ive met every single contract person on days of our lives from the past 12 years. Then at the emmys, events, etc ihave met a lot of others. I have very, very few bad encounters with them. I saw someone mention Storms being a bitch upthread, she has always been super nice to me but I totally get i am one of the exceptions, not the rule. Ive also been meeting her since i won a extra role in Zenon, so that might be why. Alfonso from Days is the worst actress i have ever met, every time I have met her. She clearly just doesnt want to be there, doesnt care, and make it clear. Ive even overheard some of her fans comment on how she was not nice.

Anyways, outside of at events and what not...

I just ran into Mark Hapka at LAX last week. We were on the same flight to New Orleans. That was pretty cool

I saw Julia Stiles a few months ago at one of the days stars ACME comedy shows in Hollywood. She was very nice and we chatted about dexter and saved the last dance. really, really nice but i have heard bad stories.

I met Thomas Dekker, Kellen Lutz, and Michael Bay in a bathroom, lol. They were all cool. I also met Shane West in a bathroom.

The cast of Laguna Beach and The Hills at various times. All were super nice.

I have met a lot of the Degrassi cast, including Drake.

I saw brad Pitt at subway once and was on the phone telling my firned this dude in subway was hot and looked like brad pitt. He turned around and smiled and said hi. He chatted in line and he was really, really down to earth. I have heard from a lot of people in new orleans that have met him (he has a house there) that he is great.

Ran into Austin Peck in a grocery store once when i was pretty young and he signed a soap opera weekly for me, lol.

Taylor Sprietler introduced me to Melissa and Joey on the set.

Jesse McCartney, Hilary Duff, Kelly Clarkson, Jonas brothers, Trace Adkins, carrie Underwood and so many more at various talk shows and such.

Oh, and a ton of country stars at that CMA Music Fest.

I was dating the son of a popular producer for awhile and i met a lot of rappers and hip hop artists. Kanye was amazing. Brandy was really nice.

Oh, and the best every - Britney Spears touched my arm and said hello. LOL!

HOW COULD I FORGET JAMES FRANCO! I have met him three time now. I love him.

Archived