OLTL: Veteran couple out?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The other thing that annoys me is last year you had a story written about lies, deceit, Nora being drugged and nearly raped or killed, Bo being drugged, Matthew becoming a monster and finally being beaten into a coma.

And the story just died. So they gave these characters this ugly material, then let it sit there, like an old turd. And now they get a happy ending. Wow. What kind of happy ending is it going to be at this point? If they just get a call saying "Matthew woke up," and they hit the road, what a cheap exit for very important characters.

If the show had spent more time on them and less time propping the likes of Cookie Cutter, the unwashed hobo McBain, Aubrey, Ford, Mess, etc. then maybe this would be better.

• Members

I LOVE Bo and Nora, love love love but I am perfectly fine with this. Them getting their happy ending with their child? I'm okay with that.

If they can get them back for the occasional appearance even better.

Eh, the lead up to their reunion was fantastically played and RWS and HBS still have chemistry in spades. Their story has sucked for a while now but I haven't been disappointed by the actors or characters in a very long time.

• Members

One good thing if Bo and Nora aren't around -- I won't have to bother learning how to watch on line because I won't have any reason to watch. I don't care how much money PP spends on Todd and Victor, Jr., they aren't everyone's reason for watching. Victor is strictly FF for me and Todd will probably soon become that. If Bo and Nora aren't there (or at least Bo) I won't be watching. I was happy about JVD and ES and KDP signing to continue on line, but they aren't enough for me to make the effort to figure out how to watch.

• Members

I love that everyone has different opinions about it. Emma, I do think it's important for these rabid Todd fans (either incarnation) that the viewer experience may not revolve around them for others that watch and they have their own few that keep them here.

• Members

People that watch a show for one actor or such are few and far between and thats not who the show caters to or should cater to. Its an ensemble.No one actor makes a difference. Its been proven over the years. I do have an issue with them thinking the world revolves around RH and TSJ. As far as I am concerned there are a lot of decent profiled actors who could step in and play Todd. Hire someone outside of soaps with a name so to speak. I have nothing against either RH or TSJ but the world does not revolve around them.

• Members

RH never stays in the role of Todd for too long and both he and TSJ had a habit of tanking key scenes and openly disliking material. That's one reason I was hoping for a Todd-free show in time. But then they have Jack as their new Todd...

• Members

Well, according to the semi-reliable sources on the rumor mill they actually DO want Bo and Nora and Matthew at Prospect, despite their getting a definite happy ending on ABC.

I don't think anything is too wrong with them at all at this point. I thought their reunion storyline was excellent and that RSW finally woke up when he was concretely re-paired with HBS. I thought they both did wonderful work and it was a good story, nor do I think they shrugged off what went down with Clint. It worked for me.

• Members

I thought the Bo/Nora reunion worked well enough (aside from Bo's relationship with Clint) until the story became about Bo and Nora wanting to keep Matthew in a private school and Danielle and Destiny and Tea try to save the day. This was also around the time the story began focusing more on Clint's pain, and on Clint/Kim. Bo and Nora got lost in the shuffle and a lot of what their relationship should have been got lost with them. I enjoyed their wedding, but then it went back to being about things happening to them, not about the characters. If you have a story where a woman is drugged and kidnapped by a wife-beater, and her son kills him to protect his mother, then the story should actually be about them. Instead it's about Clint's heart hurting, and about Destiny showing up once a month with a baby on the way.

Archived