Classic AMC/OLTL

• Members

I know what you mean....especially when Asa was killed off, and then Phil Carey's death. It just really changed the entire family dynamic and they never had anymore of those warm moments like that.

And the Fan February episode wasn't Clint Ritchie's only appearance during that month in 2003. Also that month (can't remember if it was before or after that special episode) he had his first scene with Melissa Archer not long after Natalie was revealed to be Viki and Clint's biological daughter.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You certainly are :D To be fair, Joey as a priest came out of nowhere--and then to have most of his storylines involving falling in love with sluts or glorified street girls did him no favours. But I think he has the screen presence of a fly--he always looked uncomfortable, could barely handle decent line delivery, and (this is less BMH's fault) his whole "look" as a sorta surfer airhead was the worst fit of any of the Joey's to play a priest.

• Members

I actually remember both those Clint appearances--including the brief one to welcome Natalie to the family.

Weareclouds I almost always have done my main soap watching at night, unless I happen to be home in the day and flip to see what's on the ones I don't watch regularly. For some reason it always seems like a good way to unwind right before bed. I've mentioned on here how there was an article when The City was on and several ABC stations ended up airing it at 12:05am or whatever and it was actually getting stronger ratings in those markets... LOL (OK The City is probably not a good example, but)

• Members

Yeah, that's as awkward as I remember it. Haha. There was less chemistry there than she had with Chris Stamp...and that's saying a lot.

Megan had a very clear agenda, "if I make this family happy, Erica/Jeff/Josh, people will leave me alone. Who can resist a happy family?" Unfortuanately for her, they had no chemistry and we're not stupid, Erica never really wanted Jeff the first time around anyway, so why would she all of the sudden want to play house with him and their unabortion? Ugh. I still want to cut someone for all of that.

• Members

I'm not sure I even agree--if that was her initial idea (and I suppose it made sense to bring on another Martin, and Josh's dad to boot, to shake up her and Jack) she dropped it almost as soon as he appeared on and seemed to make no real effort to ever make it look like Erica would end up with Jeff.

• Members

Poor Krystal. She continued to get crap even till the very end but I felt she paid for what she did with Miranda when Kendall and company kidnapped her daughter and told her she was dead. That was pretty cruel and I felt if going to jail didnt do the trick, that definetly made her "even"

• Members

Eh, it was hard to feel sorry for Krystal. Yeah, they let her think her daughter was dead, but it wasn't for almost a year like it was for Bianca and Miranda. Plus Kyrstal watched Tad grieve for Kate and then for Dixie, but she refused to tell him that he was the father of her daughter because she preferred to be a Chandler.

• Members
The length of time doesnt matter. Her pain was still real. When she was told Babe was dead, she felt what it was like to be a mother and have your child killed. Her pain at the funeral and all those emotions were real. It didnt last almost a year, but that doesnt take away that she had to experience the same trauma

• Members

IDK what the agenda was, but on screen to me, it came across as 'Erica is bored and doesn't have enough attention from Jack, and Jeff is willing to dote on her for some inane reason.' When she moved into the Valley Inn, Erica had a scene with Jeff in which she laid out all of her reasons for moving out, and I felt like I understand her motivation for doing what she was doing, but I never really got Jeff's motivation. Half the time he was married to Erica in the early 1970s, he wanted to be with Mary Kennicott. She ended a pregnancy he wanted, she ditched him to be a model in NYC, and then she inadvertently got him arrested and put on trial for murdering her ex-lover/boss, a crime he didn't commit. It wasn't exactly a match made in heaven. Then 30+ years later, it's revealed they have a child together, and he's suddenly madly in love with her?

As for them playing house, Jeff and Erica were both building a relationship with Josh, but they weren't doing it together - Jeff was bonding with Josh by encouraging him to keep going after Babe and by helping Josh keep Babe alive and safe from the Satin Slayer, and Erica was making an attempt to parent him the way she did her daughters, but they sure weren't parenting as a couple.

It was such a relief when Erica finally ditched Jeff, and Jeff left town.

• Members

Im confused. Didnt the Satin Slayer story start in end of 2006? Dixie died in January of 2007. I just watched this episode on YT and they have it credited as 12-13-07, but that cant be right? Anyone know the actual airdate as that seems way off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGTwK_Xb28E

Also when did the Annie vs Erica verbal smackdown happen? I want to watch it

Archived