Classic AMC/OLTL

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have 3/10-11/05 going to DVD right now. Aww, I like Kendall and Ethan despite him being a lying jerk. Zach torturing Maria and letting the real killer run free just because Maria didn't believe he didn't kill Edmund instictively? What a crap head.

Britney Spears "Everytime" playing to Maria/Edmund flashbacks. How appropriate.

I have some 1995 Days of Our Lives episodes left on these tapes and I feel like I should record them over to DVD but I'm feeling lazy to do it.

I'm losing interest in the SN classics due to the dubbing marathon.

I did like the camera work in the Wednesday morning epiosde. It wasn't as distracting as usual.

Oh, Eric, I had totally forgotten that Jonathan killed Terry too.

She came back so obnoxious and crazed talking about those 9 years all the time or something like that but I definitely started liking her and then they killed her off. I liked her with Ryan, actually. David should have brought Julia back to life, too.

• Members

I think the thread title should be changed to "Classic AMC/OLTL/GH on SOAPnet" since thats what it is and also maybe it'll bring somemore awareness? ;-)

Watched the Friday, 10/20/06 episode

LMAO at Kendall telling Babe she was dumb as a box of rocks laugh.png Then she told her she WAS a box of rocks laugh.png I freaking love her! Babe: "I think I hate you." I love how Kendall hated Babe so much but still thought she should've chosen Josh over JR. And it was nice how she actually thought for a minute later on and connected/related Babe's decision with the one she just made herself (She chose Zach over Ryan, Babe chose JR over Josh). Those Babe/Kendall scenes ended up being really good. LOVED when Babe mentioned how JR & Kendall used to be close. Sigh.

I'm not sure why they had Josh join Fusion in the first place, LOL I was glad he quit but I understood why Kendall was upset when Simone told her though since she wanted to work with him. I loved when Josh was telling Bianca in this episode how he could overtake Chandler Enterprises if he wanted to. WHY didn't AMC ever do that with him?!

I think Cameron Mathison worked best with Jeff Branson

Loved the Zach/Erica scees. I think I liked when Erica disliked Zach better, lol at her calling 911 on him.

• Members

The filler stories are what interest me most at the moment, although I did like the scenes where Kendall and Zach were awkward around each other after the reconciliation.

The scenes where Jonathan overheard Amanda saying she loved him and he tried to break up with her, felt bad, and she let him off the hook - kind of cringeworthy. The dialogue had lines like "a hole in my heart," which you should never do. Chrishell certainly went on to improve as an actress.

It was weird seeing Del so involved in her life, especially since Del was the same age as he was when Amanda was a small child.

• Members

Just watched 8 straight episodes of AMC. Those last 2 episodes were so good!

JR vs. Josh was SO good! Loved those scenes at Chandler Enterprises when Josh was telling JR he slept with Babe. They had a really intense rivalry. Even though Babe was such a lying, sniveling little wench through all of this, I still felt bad for her. AH was really good during this S/L.

LOL at Kendall and Babe wanting to buy the same house! Kendall was being such a bitch to Babe! I loved their scenes and they got even better when JR arrived on the scene.

Amanda and Sean actually could've been pretty hot ph34r.png I liked the actor who played Sean, he had a lot of charisma and worked well with everyone. As usual the "teen scene" AMC had going on was not to appealing. It was just boring. Colby and Sean had no spark. Didn't care for the character of Sydney. I remember actually being excited at the idea of Sean & Amanda hooking up wub.png LOL.

Those Sean/Amanda/Lily scenes were so good. Leven Rambin rocked as Lily. I loved her. That scene when Lily was ranting about Jonathan and getting all frustrated, then accidently cutting herself with the knife. Yikes. I loved it!

Jonathan was starting to get really annoying at this point. I didn't care much for him & Amanda, I pretty much only liked him with Lily and later on in his tenure when he went bat crazy & took people hostage. Everything else, no thanks. He was pretty insufferable.

I never cared for that dolt of a meat head Del Henry.

The Dixie/Emma stuff got a little better once Dixie vowed not to take Emma away even if she was Kate. CM did really good in those scenes with MCE. I found MEK very underwhelming as Tad during this story.

Man David was so played out at this point. I believe he exits about 3 weeks from now, towards the end of Nov. sweeps. LOL a break was really needed. I did love a few weeks ago when that episode started & ended with him sulking alone in front of the fireplace and drinking. That was a very nice touch.

When exactly did AMC update their hospital set? I don't miss that old one that's featured in these 2006 episodes. All I remember is around late 2007 I wasn't able to watch AMC for awhile and when i went back to watching in early 2008 the hospital (along with the whole look of the show in general) was brand new.

I loved the dysfunctional Kane/Montgomery/Slater fighting going on at Erica's party!

I wasn't a big "BAM" fan but even I was a little shocked & upset when Bianca told Josh one of the reason she came to visit from Paris was because Maggie was cheating on her rolleyes.gif

• Members

I'm up to Thursday's episode. It was wonderful to see Myrtle again. I give a lot of credit to the show for using her in a vital role even when many shows would have phased her out. While you could say that she could have had more to do than just Zendall scenes, at least she always got to show her personality, a lot of humor, and drama too. In general I think the show did a good job writing the uncertainties, fears, etc. in a reunion, with some breathing room, instead of going right to the next stunt.

The JR/Babe/Josh stuff goes around in circles but it's well-acted and most of the people involved have chemistry. I also laughed at the Kendall/Babe bickering over the house. It was nice to see Marian again. I wasn't watching by this point so I never knew if Marian still acted like her old self even after the happy years with Stuart. The drooling over Josh says yes, she did.

I can't even get into all the nonsense about Kate and Emma and Dixie...it makes Dixie look pathetic, although she made the right decision in the end. It seems like stalling, stalling, stalling.

I agree about Sean/Amanda. The guy who played Sean was hot and had some talent - not sure why they didn't put him to better use.

I actually like this Colby, and even Sydney. They just don't seem to have any real story.

Continued to enjoy Adam and Krystle. I'm sorry the show had to put Tad into that.

• Members

Say what you will about the character of Josh, but once they had him on the canvas it was a shame how they wasted him--he had a lot of potential with a lot of different characters (romantic and non). I kinda get the feeling once McTavish left, the other writers knew how unpopular the unabortion was and just kinda dropped him (until Pratt's big change of character ending for him).

That Colby was ok, but it sounds liek she caused her own firing if any of the many rumours are right, so I have trouble having sympathy. I actually thought Sidney was the better actress--she just disappeared. (and yes Sean was wasted too--is Barbara on now? All of that had a LOT of potential).

Marian never really dropped her cougar ways--which I think makes sense. She never would have cheated on Stuart (a story I'm sure some writer at some point pitched just due to laziness but I'm glad they never did). And yes, to the show's credit, Myrtle was always used pretty much, I sense, as often as they could get her to work. When she left, the show was really missing some sort of older figure like her--a role obviously I think Opal could and if PP are smart shoudl grow into, but the show hadn't really set up anyone else in that role. To be fair, most soaps didn't even have someone like that by this point, so it's not unique to AMC.

• Members

How could I forget about Myrtle. It really was lovely to see her again! Zach/Myrtle scenes were always good.

I'm LOL'ing just thinking about how the Emma stuff really turns out. I still can't believe she turned out to be Ryan's daughter. LMAO.

I don't think Barbara is on the show anymore in these episodes and I'm personally glad. lol.

Did anyone else love the idea of New Beginnings? I just love that Erica had a talk show. Why did they have to get rid of that??

I started watching regularly again around Jan 2008 when Angie and the real Greenlee came back and that's when I first noticed the different hospital, Greenlee was brought in on a gurney (for some reason I forget) and Angie was taking care of her.

Was the hospital suddenly different or was the drastic change acknowledged at all? LOL

• Members

Aww Barabara always has potential, she was just wasted :P I believe Sean exited off screen with just a comment.

I think there may have been one or two episodes where they mentioned refurbishments lol (not a whole new floor layout, etc). I got tired of seeing that hospital set so much, but it was an improvement--soap hospitals always look so out of date and sorta dark and icky (ie One Life to Live's)--which isn't how most hospitals are now at all.

• Members

Barbara arrived after Christmas and is in the early 2007 episodes. I LOVED her interactions with Erica and Jack, but I wish they'd found a way to keep her around. There was so much great stuff that happened off camera with Travis, Barbara, Bianca, Molly and Sean, and it was such a waste that we never saw it.

Archived