Classic AMC/OLTL

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, I do believe that is AC.

There was a different apartment building set I think. It might have been in the same building but it wasn't the same Hubbard set or Greenlee penthouse set. Bianca, Maggie were in one of those apartments to the left and Jamie and Amanda, and then I think Maggie and Jonathan were in one of those apartments to the right.

• Members

I always thought Maggie and John's (and I still say Frankie and Randi's smile.png ) apartment is meant to be in a different buiding than the complex where Jake/Amanda and the Hubbards currently live.

Too bad if that's true about AC (I assume it had to do with that character under B/E--the black Seantor's son whose name I can't reemember). AC actually was really awful and green when she began on the show--I remember she hd that rivalry with Winnifred's niece (Sidney?) and at the time the casting seemed odd because the niece was, while not brilliant, a much stronger young actress.

• Members

Nope just Guza. Pratt was gone by this point.

Watching the last two AMC "classic" eps. LOL at David to Tad: "Then why don't you get off your backside and find your own evidence that Emma McDermott is really Kate Martin" blink.pngblink.pngblink.pngohmy.png I do not remember that at all, did they really think Emma was Kate for a while there? LOL. They were off base laugh.png

• Members

I guess it may make sense in some way, since they thought Annie was keeping secrets, and she was Kate's age. Still seems like a filler story though.

Sometimes I like Jeff Branson's voice and other times he sounds like a Muppet with a cold.

I think they made a mistake killing Erin off.

It was strange seeing Adam go on so much about how JR needed to be a man. It was a reminder of how many people damaged JR. I remember Adam as being more cuckolded by this time.

I surprised myself by actually really liking the ripping up divorce papers scene between that couple I'd be better off not mentioning.

• Members

Dixie and Zach were awful. Seriously. What a terrible idea.

And this Emma might be Kate story is just so LOL-worthy to watch now because pathetic ass Dixie was actually believing it! Dixie on Emma: "I just looked at her and I knew deep in my soul that I met this child before. It was like she had a piece of my heart that was missing and she just picked it up and handed it right to me." laugh.pngrolleyes.gif

Erica, Josh, Kendall, & Bianca all together at Fusion wub.png What a beautiful, gold mine of a family. Great scenes.

LOL! I feel the same way. And I loved & sometimes hated the way he played Jonathan. I liked him most w/Lily.

• Members

Jeff mellow.png ugh I was just so underwhelmed by him & I also found him on the sleazy/creepy side. Erica didn't even bring out anything in him for me.

Were Adam and Krystal hated by fans? I have to say I loved them! It's to bad her baby didn't turn out to be his instead of Tad's.

David and Colby's first scenes were funny laugh.png

Josh/Babe/JR was a really good, juicy triangle. I liked both pairings a lot...

This Ryan/Annie/Emma/Tad/Dixie/David story really brought the show down. It was just bad!

I distinctly remember that divorce paper scene and I enjoyed it even more this time.

I loved that couples scenes in this episode. That's all I'll say. LOL.

• Members

Jeff IS skeevy. That whole "I could have been with married women...if I wanted to," was so tacky.

I think Bobbie and David have great chemistry but I can see where people would feel like the Careys were infesting the family.

The biggest mistake was throwing Tad in with Krystal.

• Members

They did make a mistake killing Erin off--she was likeable, but the thing was, she kinda floundered with nothing to do (which wasn't her fault) for most of her stint once Jonathan was found with her. Andthe cast was bloated at that time (even if balance was starting to get off), so I see why it happened. At the time I thought they should have gotten rid of Annie, who was fairly bland like Erin, but I liked Erin more--but of course Pratt did make Annie interesting.

Branson does sometimes get a kermit the frog quality tohis voice. I really liked him on AMC, which is saying a lot as he had to play some inane story. Too bad about him and Y&R.

• Members

The problem with killing off a character like Erin is that you get about five minutes of story and that's it. Giving Cameron Mathison grief stories is never a good idea. I would have had her leave town and then be mentioned. Erin was the type of character who could always babysit, who may show up for a wedding. She was a nice side note for a character like Ryan who didn't have a lot of depth on the show beyond the various women he banged.

They may have been better off killing off Di.

I also think that scenes like Jonathan talking to Erin's corpse about how she tried to help him as he was beaten as a child are - while certainly a great opportunity for some actors and writers - the exact type of scenes that drove people away from soaps. I could only watch that scene once and likely never will again.

• Members

It's a little sad seeing Julia as such filler. The director tried to get some sizzle by teasing that she had been skinny dipping in the (as Kelly Ripa used to call it) "Pennsylvania Ocean," but that was about it. I don't see a ton of spark with Jamie and Julia. I guess at least they didn't have Tad and Jamie fight over her. A little disturbing when she thought Jamie had come back and it was Josh. I wonder if that goes anywhere. I might have enjoyed Julia and Josh, if it brought out her old edge.

The writing for David is very weak. Just skulking around being verbally abused by various people. I can see why VI left.

Poor Simone.

• Members

I thought they did good killing her off. I never found her likeable and she was just a female addition to the sanctimonious Laverys. Completely unneeded. She and Aidan were an awful couple and thank god her death led to him being with Di, which i loved.

Archived