OLTL: Discussion for the week of September 5th

• Members

Sam: "I know dad's not dead. Jack's lying, like always" LOL This kid is cute but completely monotone in his performances

Cristian, you are with the wrong Buchanan sister

OMG, Tea just rubbed the GOOD sex in Todd's face. Thats my girl!

and this retcon kinda twists that and changes the entire context of that story. It was rape bc Todd lied to her about who he was bc she never would have slept with him knowing he was the man that raped her years earlier. Well know we know he never gang raped her and he wasnt her tormented from college. They had just met for the first time. He fell for a woman he had just met and she fell for a man she had met. She decided to sleep with this man that she had spent months getting to know. Her twisted backstory with Todd is no longer valid for what was her relationship with "Victor" at that time. Thanks to this retcon, it wasnt him

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Tea was awesome today!! I'm not really liking RHTodd's attitude towards his brother - it makes him unsympathetic and cold. His brother was a mentally challenged person who was taken advantage of their mom. And yet he continues to bad mouth him? Geez.

Criss/Jess > Ford/Tess.

• Members

Wow, I just flashed back to 1998! I enjoyed the scenes but not because I thought Tea was right - I thought they were true to who she was, and how her relationship with Todd ended up. It was dysfunctional and twisted and I think Florencia was the first to admit it. First and foremost, Tea's bitter and angry because she's lost Victor, the man who could commit to her and truly love her and devote himself to a lice with her - though no, he was no saint, he did terrible things all on his own and AFAIC he did abuse Marty's consent on some level, though not to the degree previously stated when we thought he was Todd, given his own altered state. But on another, more superficial level, I think Tea's still angry because that man was not the man she fought to win for so long yet never really got. So she reverts to the old pattern she used to have with Todd, which was 'shriek about my ex-husband's junk in public and maybe that will get us into the rhythm method,' so to speak. The truth is neither Todd nor Tea are totally right here. They're both myopic. But the scenes demonstrate why they never worked for me - a lot of times, I could never tell who was more abusive more the enabler. She lived for this [!@#$%^&*]. That's why when she was with Victor's "Todd," it went from harsh words to harsh sex. It was the natural progression from these arguments that she wanted but never got with the real Todd.

• Members

Why does little Sam have a British accent?

Ew at Natalie and Brody being together now and Brody getting turned into a psycho again.

I was enjoying the Two Todd's story and the one about Destiny's pregnancy, but in typical Carlivati fashion they ended up fizzling just when they were getting good. I'm only watching for Kim and Erin Torpey's return now

• Members

For whatever reason I just don't care about this whole Todd thing - I mean even some stupid stories make me tear up or care in some way but I just don't.... although I don't hate the story. HOWEVER, the RH/TSJ fan wars/complaints/bitching are getting a bit annoying!

Ford = don't care! Same with Jess. I like Cristian, I remember when most people used to hate him ("cardboard"...) but through his backburner stories in the past few years, especially with Layla, I grew to like him. Speaking of Layla, I saw Tika Sumpter in a preview for the new Anna Farris movie! She looks good <3

I like the show but I find myself not really liking too many characters... except for Kim, Rama, Vimal, Aubrey, the occasional Roxy/Nigel, Clint, and formerly David/Dorian... oh and Viki, and saneBrody. Everyone else can be boring/annoying IMO...

• Members

Imma need a Dramatic Chipmunk-style gif of Sam's head turn and close-up before the first break.

Unintentional or not - I'm sure he had no idea what he was doing - that kid still gave a better performance than when Eddie Alderson's Matthew found out Sam was dead. Eddie's come a loooooong way. He was so wooden and off in the old days, and Matthew so gullible, that I used to call him "Ralph Wiggum."

• Members

Can we agree Téa was nowhere around the bullying story from Feb thru April?

Can we agree FL only appeared in 6 episodes during April (check archives) at Todd's bedside while Blair was Jack's sole parent dealing with Rex and Gigi and Jack himself?

After Todd woke up from the coma, T&B as parents together talked with Jack and made Jack apologize to Shane. We never saw TnT once discuss Jack's problems onscreen during any of the first bullying incident.

It was months later, Téa was brought into the 2nd bullying story but NOT as his stepmom but as his lawyer. Todd even tossed that in her face, don't try play parent, you're JUST his lawyer. Téa had aweek of involvement, that's it. The minute Blair came back from her NYC's trip she immediately jumped into scenes with Jack. Téa, in fact, never had another alone scene with Jack, not as his lawyer or stepmom. Yet you still somehow perceived Téa was getting written as Jack's true parent during the bullying story??

As for the last year? From the cancer story forward, TnT were barely interacting with the boys.

As for your complaints about cut scenes, at GNO heard GT and FL both mentioned some of their good scenes were cut, too, so it's not exclusive problem to Blair. GT's exit was ridiculously shabby as several of her scenes with TD never aired. FL said TnT scenes were being cut too towards end of TSJ's exit.

The reason this story doesn't work for me is that Blair and Dorian get to slide completely on any culpability for Jack's heinous behavior.

The times Blair OWNS her 50% responsibility the story works for her. It gives her character much needed depth maturity. The times she whines it's all Tawwwwwwd's fault she comes off like a raving hypocrite.

Archived