Who Did Theater in High-School?

Mr. Vixen

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh yeah, I did theater all through out my childhood and high school- I was very very hyper and wanted lots of attention so my stepmother put me in all these kiddie acting classes and took me to all these community theatre auditions.

Like regional/community theatre wise, I was in the Sound of the Music (twice! lol- once as Marta and once as Brigitta), The Music Man as Amaryllis, Little Louise in Gypsy, Kim in Bye Bye Birdie, and a few more, but those were the big ones.

At school, I was Magnolia in Showboat, Lilli/Kate in Kiss Me Kate, Adelaide in Guys and Dolls, and Charlotte in A Little Night Music.

In university, I was Stella in A Streetcar Named Desire.

When I was really young (like six or seven), I would sing Maybe from Annie (such a cliche I know) because it was the only musical song I knew and the only musical I had ever seen (we had the VHS tape of the movie version with Bernadette Peters and Carol Burnett) besides Les Miserables (I was like five and fall asleep) and Evita. Then when I got older I would either sing Can't Help Lovin Dat Man from Showboat or Goodnight My Someone from The Music Man because those were the only Broadway shows I'd ever seen (other than Chicago and Ragtime) and I had the CDs so I knew all the words (incidentally the same woman who played Magnolia in Showboat when I saw it played Marian in The Music Man when I saw it too).

My father would buy me all the cast recordings and the tapes of the movie versions and I would walk around singing the songs from them and I would try to get my siblings to act out scenes with me. I remember when I was in like year 3, climbing on top of a desk during class and singing Rainbow High from Evita lol (my classmates loved it; the teacher did not).

• Members

I was a theatre geek. President of Drama Club and Platinum Bar Thespian in the ITS.

I was lucky to be cast in all of the shows during my high school years (1 fall play, 1 spring musical per year)

Musicals:

Little Shop of Horrors - Seymour

Bye Bye Birdie - Conrad Birdie

How To Succeed - Finch

Fiddler on the Roof - Motel

Plays:

The Diviners: Dewey

Harvey: Dr. Sanderson

Curious Savage: Jeffrey

All My Sons: Chris Keller

Archived