Most miscast soap roles

• Members

Speaking of Robin Strasser, I thought her successor was horrible on AW. Lisa on ATWT may have been daytime's first bitch, but Rachel Davis took it to a whole new level under Strasser. To see all that diluted under Victoria Wyndham was just depressing. For those who say they just wanted to take the character "in a different direction", that it wasn't the actress, check out her stint as Rachel and Justine. While other performers have soared in dual roles (David Canary, Martha Byrne), she fizzled (along with B&B's Amber/April , ATWT's Gwen/Cleo, etc)

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought Victoria Wyndham was very capable of playing a bitch - you can see it in a lot of her dealings with Iris, Janice, etc. She just added more layers. I wish I could compare her to Robin but I've only seen one episode with Robin as Rachel.

I think giving her a dual role was bizarre, because she's a very stylized actress. It just ended up making Rachel seem dull and Justin seem nuts.

• Members

She really wasn't at her witchiest in the handful of scenes I've seen her in and I'm very curious to see how she handled that sort of material. She definitely showed her trademark humor threaded in, she made some hilarious faces as Mr. Steven Frame rattled off his resume and made Dr. Russ sound like chopped liver.

• Members

WOST had two back to back episodes from I believe 1968 when Agnes Nixon was still writing AW (which she did briefly while starting to write OLTL due to her contract, similar to how she actuallycontinued writing GL for a couple of years while writing AW), which were a wedding (Alice's?, Rachel's? I can't remember), and I believe showed Rachel first meeting Steve. I really wish I had saved them, like I did a number of WOST episodes, since they haven't popped up on youtube. Rachel wasn't a super bitch yet, but she does come off a LOT like Erica Kane, particularly the scenes with her mother. (It's also a very well done series of episodes, you get why Agnes nixon made AW such a hit and it does feel like an early version of her OLTL and especially AMC)

Archived