GH: Classic Thread

• Members

I think that had to do with RC and FV more than anything. In their world, especially Ron's, all normal male leads are simps and dupes for schemers with no real depth. The 'edgy' male characters get ahead if any do.

Guza and co. though didn't fully realize what they had in DZ and JJ together. They could've run the show, period. It was the future and they let it walk.

This was before the rumors. I don't remember the rumor mill getting onto them until later in the summer, and IIRC Sonny and Emily did not become overt onscreen until early fall. But it was a long time ago, so I can't be sure.

I think that was their idea of a graceful exit from the whole debacle - dovetail it into a social issue story. The fact that Sonny had a torrid romance with a young woman at least half his age who he'd known since she was a child was of course not mentioned as part of that illness story as being symptomatic, but it probably should've been.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

She did.  She openly admits that fact lol.  I think she saw NL or saw a Emily/Sonny scene and thought they would look good together and had chemistry.   They physically looked okay together, but I don't know why the show is taking advice from the talent's significant others

• Members

I think that was their way of trying to graduate NL/Emily to A-list lead status. Putting her with MB was supposed to be the big leagues. They made over Emily a bit too; tried to present her as more adult, had her do various things to make her seem more like she could flow in Sonny's world and less like a whitebread heiress. I thought it was laughable at the time. It didn't work, but that didn't mean they should have ever murdered Emily. It was a huge mistake. Hell, if she were alive I'd recast her and put her with Dante right now.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Honestly, Dante knowing Brenda wasn't that bad.  It was him and the entire town being obsessed with her.  Characters that should never have cared Brenda was in town like Maxie were ranting about how much they disliked her.

Some of their scenes were cute.  I think if VM was going to put her foot down it should have been at the very beginning because the show made it seem like something huge happened between them and it amounted to nothing.

I wouldn't have been for the Brenda/Dante pairing, but I don't think it's that awful in theory.  It's not like either one knew the other existed you know?  There is a very plausible explanation that Brenda fell for Dante because he reminded her of Sonny and it's not like they did anything wrong. 

It was a situation where you either go there or don't.  The half-assed retelling of the story was more hurtful then having Dante/Brenda share a kid or just not telling the story at all.  IMO, Brenda didn't ever need a kid unless it was a Jax baby from 2003.  Their is no point to this rando kid she has unless somewhere down the line they bring him in to pair him with Joss or Trina.

• Members

I don't think so.  Silly big bads were kind of Sonny/Brenda's bread and butter, but this story had so many holes and was BORING.  The Tin Man crap in 1997 was full of holes and stupid, but it was at least interesting, moved quickly, and had a decent ending.  The Balkan stuff didn't.  Still to this day I don't understand why Mr. and Mrs. Balken didn't just take Brenda out when Susanne was with her 24/7 for years and went through the ruse of bringing her to PC where multiple people were willing to protect her.  That's the worst plan in history.

Both stories sucked, so I understand.